Comic Relief

mr motorola

In our current economic market , isn't it nice that we can donate millions upon millions of pounds EVERY year to Africa.? With the age old adage from the presenters that our money will change their lives......forever. And yet the following year it all happens again!!!! "your money will do this , your money will do that...it will change someones life forever..."

Come on now for christs sake , don't these people know how to look after themselves , especially with all the money that is pumped into their country either by charities or our own government every year on year on year on year..?

Is someone taking the preverbial p1ss?

We have companies going under in our OWN country , people striving to make ends meet and what do we do , bung a national red nose day on the telly and stick little montages together to appeal to the better side of your heart and forget that our own country is knackered , but , what the hey , there's always someone else worse off than you. TRUE. Nothing to do with the amount of funding that has been sent their way over 20 years from one charity alone. We can afford it can't we?

Mr M , rather annoyed. :angry:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree but it's not always money thats given by the government it's aid which can be in the form of manufactured items that are made in the UK therefore helping your manufacturing industry

and the people employed by that industry.

To be honest i have long held the believe that only a small part of any monies or food items given actually get to the people who need it most.

Starting off with the government then government employees then distributors and the then their empoyees the initial amount slowly dwindles until there is not much left for the poor s@ds at the end of the line.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

With all due respect Mr M, but hard times or not, what people do with their own money is nobody's business but their own.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Agree but it's not always money thats given by the government it's aid which can be in the form of manufactured items that are made in the UK therefore helping your manufacturing industry

and the people employed by that industry.

To be honest i have long held the believe that only a small part of any monies or food items given actually get to the people who need it most.

Starting off with the government then government employees then distributors and the then their empoyees the initial amount slowly dwindles until there is not much left for the poor s@ds at the end of the line.

Cheers Fred

I've just watched a little ditty , Lenny talking about a family of 11 in a little hut , the mother / grandmother (not sure) had to sleep stood up??? I'll have to try that one....

Also , after the little heart rending episode , Lenny said that £50 could feed the full family for a month , £25 could re-house them , so as you say , £54 million so far tonight would / should seem to cover a fair lump of their problems but it obviously dosen't as they have to do another charity sometime / somewhere else.

But what really bugs me is that charity starts at home , always has always will. Pardon me for being selfish but it's the way i've been brought up.

It's startling (to me anyway) of the amount of monies / aides / help that is always in the papers and news that is being sent over to africa and whenever an advert pops up on the tv about the said , it shows poverty beyond belief.

It has to be one of three things

1.We are not donating enough to them

2.Someone is taking more than they should along the bureaucratic red tape of passing the money over

3. They don't seem to be able to stop pro-creating , as i said above 11 ELEVEN !!! in one tin hut. I could donate a TV or 2 to keep them busy at night.... :rolleyes:

Or it could be a case of all 3 of the above , if that's the case then we're all knackered and we'll be contributing our hard earned money overseas for a long long time.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Brumagem Phil
With all due respect Mr M, but hard times or not, what people do with their own money is nobody's business but their own.

Well said!

Thats why mine stops in my pocket, sod em

A whole lorry load of rubbers or a load of stanley knife blades and fix them for good

Edited by les middy

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Well said!

I will second that :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I've often wondered about moving some place where £50 would feed us for a month. I think my retirement income would keep us living in pretty good style if things were that cheap.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

When comic relief started, it was said that the money would not leave here it would be us in this country.................................... Sadly - half is now being sent to Africa.

I notice that South Africa has joined the ranks of the "open hand"

At one time, the only three countries in Africa still under white rule (South Africa, Namibia and Zimbabwe) used to supply food to the whole continent!!! Alas - no more!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I agree with both camps.

If someone chooses to donate money to Africa, that is entirely their own afair - although I think that they should consider how much of it acually ends up lining the pockets of local warlords and fixers.

Africa is the second-largest and second most-populous continent on earth and contains 53 countries. It is rich in resourses and it needs to sort out its own problems in it's own way because 30 years of handouts clearly hasn't worked and will never work.

As of right now, comic relief 2009 has raised a total of £57m - a tiny fraction of the personal wealth of the motley collection of musicians and celebs fronting the show.

Actually, I don't need to finnish this argument, it finnishes itself.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.