two carp on a plummet!!!!

Anthony78

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need 15 posts before your account will load an avatar.

Note that the avatars like the one in your link that have a person's name were put in at the request of someone specific and they will be using it as 'their' avatar. Den Darkin uses that one.

If you don't like any of the generic ones, you can send a picture you fancy to Elton and he will downsize it, add it to the avatars, and after 15 posts, you can use it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 4 years later...

when fishing avalon nr bristol we had a nice pike around 15lb fall to a zig rig whilst winding in ... strange but not only do fish do strange stuff so do we i was seeing how deep the margin was with 1 of the lads from the club and he decied i wasent out far eough in the water so he gave me a bit of a push went up waste high in water so i got him back he had the same a nice pool of water in his boots and a nice run in the middle of the night lol being that it was me with a nice peice of line lol..

jake

But atleast pike don't just take plummets without there being a bait hooked onto the tackle somewhere near!

And strangely enough pike rarely fall for a boilie!!

*Rolls up sleeves, flexes fingers, sighs the sigh of the patient man yet again assailed by a tiresome dirge being played by the neighbours...* :rolleyes:

Pike will take anything anyone cares to throw at the dopey gits. If I had a quid for every one of the skulking numbskulls that has struck at my marker float, with not a shred of bait anywhere near it, I'd be less than ten grand behind Peter 'I only use traditional electronic fish finders, me' Waller. B)

As for pike 'rarely falling for a boilie', oh dear Pete, oh very, very dear, mate. I've had at least 20 pike on boilies over the years, and hundreds of takes on boilies occur every year, with many of them on static baits. Ask Elton how often pike take boilies. :D

Sorry, mush, pike is like well-fik, innit. Mind you, some anglers still require all manner of hi-tech, electronic assistance to catch them. Now THAT certainly does prove something. ;)

*Nods...*

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Like the rest of here, Wordbender, I'd been waiting patiently for five years for you to pick Peter up on that point :D

It's not unusual at a place I go to to get three or more on boilies in a session, especially if you've prebaited the area with pellets first. Ask Si :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Like the rest of here, Wordbender, I'd been waiting patiently for five years for you to pick Peter up on that point :D

Look, I'm a very busy man, with a desk diary and a BlackBerry and everyfin! It's alright for the Wallers and Newts of this world, who spend their time toodling about in boats bristling with more detection technology than Area 51, when I'm too busy being all vital and important and stuff. Oh yes, while they're out on the water lacing daisies into each others' hair, I'm having crucial meetings and using the latest buzz-words and prodding ever more importantly at my laptop with my executive finger and all that.

So, to conclude, I didn't notice the bleddy date, did I? <_<

HTH B)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

*Rolls up sleeves, flexes fingers, sighs the sigh of the patient man yet again assailed by a tiresome dirge being played by the neighbours...* :rolleyes:

Pike will take anything anyone cares to throw at the dopey gits. If I had a quid for every one of the skulking numbskulls that has struck at my marker float, with not a shred of bait anywhere near it, I'd be less than ten grand behind Peter 'I only use traditional electronic fish finders, me' Waller. B)

As for pike 'rarely falling for a boilie', oh dear Pete, oh very, very dear, mate. I've had at least 20 pike on boilies over the years, and hundreds of takes on boilies occur every year, with many of them on static baits. Ask Elton how often pike take boilies. :D

Sorry, mush, pike is like well-fik, innit. Mind you, some anglers still require all manner of hi-tech, electronic assistance to catch them. Now THAT certainly does prove something. ;)

*Nods...*

Quite agree I once very nearly landed a low double pike which attacked my baitdropper and wouldn't let go - would have landed it if I'd had my net set up! And a few years ago my mate Glenn came barbelling with me and caught his PB pike of 16lb 4oz on a ledgered (and static!) pellet.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Best Michael Caine voice:

I didn't notice the bleddy date, did I?

Well, it gave me a smile....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.