Best Sci fi movie?

Jaffa

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaffa:

3. The one with the three spaceships with gardens in big domes. Can barely remember it but have a big desire to see it again. Must have done something for me! :D Any ideas what it was?

Silent Running ?

Mat

Jaffa - Are you refering to the most believable or the most fantastic? If it's the most believable then it's gotta be 'Close Encounters Of The Thid Kind'. Of the fantasy genre, I think 'Bladerunner'.

Incidently that was based on the book 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' which i have also read.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Can't believe no one has mentioned Star Wars.

Right that's it - I'm back to the dark side.

May the Force be with you.

Anyone know where to get a light saber?

Princess Lea in the gold Bikini.

The best film ever let alone just sci-fi.

Jeff

Big Jeff, not working again

"Hello Dave..................."

creepy pigging machine

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Dune, but the book is MUCH better.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

kleinboet:

Jaffa - Are you refering to the most believable or the most fantastic? If it's the most believable then it's gotta be 'Close Encounters Of The Thid Kind'. Of the fantasy genre, I think 'Bladerunner'.

Incidently that was based on the book 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' which i have also read.

I get confused as to which is which. Found close encounters a bit boring while Bladerunner was full of interesting and believable ideas; biometrics, corporate power, genetic engineering. Loved those advertising blimps and the constant rain. Most believable future cityscape for me and not a bit fantastic.

Guess I mean anything thats about the future but gets you thinking about the present or something vague like that :D

Must see rollerball again, it hit the nail on the head with reality tv :)

Ziggy, did the "Planet People" have a series where everything was twisted as though the Roman Empire discovered steam power? Loved that if its the one; if they had not accidentally killed Archimedes who knows? :D

Starwars is great if your 8 years old :P

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net