How far to the sea??

Little Tinca

One of my grandchildren wanted to go to the seaside for the day. That set me thinking, where I live we are about 80 miles from the nearest costal resort.

That thought led on to wondering just how far from the sea can you get.

So how near and far are you from the briny?

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between 300-400 meters from the sea ... and I have a beach / rocky shore which I get all my bait from - Mussels, Cockles, Lugworm, White Rag etc.

Usually take a spinning rod down with me when I am collecting my bait, and fire out a single hook, small spoon with a small lead and catch 2-3 flatties while I collect bait.

Gillies :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

About 10 miles for me.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Think I maybe the furthest away as i'm in South Staffordshire. The closest is, I think, Bristol or Queensferry in North Wales.

Around 100 miles or there about.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

From my house in Southampton, a mile or so at most.

From my pad in Luc-Sur-Mer in sunny Normandie about 100 meters ( or 500 if the tide is out)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

My 'home' in Sunny Brackley looks like it couldn't be much further from the sea, 100miles?

here

Easiest bit of coast to get to is bournemouth. I get to sea fish for one or two weeks of the year. In fact going to wales tomorrow for a week of sea fishing. :D:D:D

Bretty

[ 04. June 2004, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Bretty ]