Displaying your collections.

Tigger

I bought a display cabinet the other day just for my centrepins....they've even got pride of place now in my living room just so that I can see them all the time without trailing upsatirs to get them out of their boxes.

Here is a photo ( a few are out of sight on the right hand side )

Reel_cabinet_web.jpg

Love to see other peoples angling related collections :D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you ever find yourself hard up you could always sell that lot and buy a house :D

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Ah!

My centre pin collection has now become, officially, "some reels"

Nice collection mate!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Nice Tigger.I got my display cabinet for a fiver off Fleabay then spent £50+ on additional glass shelves! Need to put in a few more lights though.I still have open shelves though and the dusting is a nightmare! Will get Andrew to try and take a photo when he comes down at the weekend.

Reels is easy though.Displaying rods is the hard thing.A mate of mine had a custom built "display case" built up his stairs for displaying rods that was quite cool (erm as was the best part of a grand it cost him!)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

i just hang them on the wall ,well i say wall but its just mug hooks screwed into verical boards ,fixed too the rafters in me attik shed

DSCF1481-1.jpg

although i do have two centrepins sitting on a shelf ,nestling on saucer stands ,because i ran out of hooks and i put them on saucer stands (from wilko's 49p each) as they kept slipping over.

DSCF1486-1.jpg

i couldn't see me using a glass cabinet ,well not without breaking it .

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Nice collection Tigger, but do they all get used?

I'm not one for collecting, but a rummage through the shed recently unearthed a nice selection of old hooks, lead shot, and a few spools of line, in an old box. Some must be well over 20yrs old! Does that make them antiques? :unsure::)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm not one for collecting, but a rummage through the shed recently unearthed a nice selection of old hooks, lead shot, and a few spools of line, in an old box. Some must be well over 20yrs old! Does that make them antiques? :unsure::)

John.

No mate, that makes them "nearly new" with "a few more years left in them" :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

It is a great collection Tigger and a lovely cabinet......but for the grace of God etc etc.

My remaining four are either attached to rods waiting to get mucky or in a cupboard waiting to be attached to rods (or in the case of the Match Aerial waiting to be given to Arbocop).

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

John.

I think there's four in there that I've not tried out just yet John...but come this summer/river season I'll get to use those also. To be honest even if I didn't use one it wouldn't bother me as I just like to have them. At the end of the day I think they look nice so in a way it's similar to haveing ornaments but I always have the option to take them out and use them if I wish to :)

I put them in the cabinet which was only very cheap as I thought it would be a nice feature. I might get a couple of pic's etc to hang around them and have an anglers corner :rolleyes::D