I'm 63 and I'm Tired

watatoad

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all religions bar the soft option ones are the same ,it wasn't long ago not believing in a christian god at all got you an early grave never mind believing in another religions god :rolleyes:

the worst lot after christians are ofcourse the moslems and jews ,its crazy these two are the closest two of the lot ,both have ritual child abuse (circumcision) both love their food animals killed with unnecessary pain (i gues to show the animals whose boss?) both refuse to eat certain animals etc etc etc.

take a jew and moslem naked from the neck down ,identical in males but this bits covered everyday so as both religions seem to demand they are different to each other the hard line jew has ringlets and a big hat the moslem a beard (the bigger it is the more moslem you are?) ensuring they get noticed in the crowd showing their "label" as it were as an advertisement

its not down to religion nor if it exists a "god" its just the usual power hungry money loving crap certain people do to get more than normal people .Some people are rubbish at getting power and money through industry or hard work so they confuse the weak and vunerable in a scam that gets them the power and wealth they want .

religion is an industry a huge one that ownes huge bits of the world gets government help and pays very little tax !.It gives shares in an imagined place called heaven for obedience and money ,the difference being if questioned normal industry would have to provide proof their product exists! in religion it needn't ,you challenge them and its you the unbeliever who lacks something not vice versa.

as scams go religeon without having any need to prove its head boardmember exists nor its product does is ten out of ten in scam circles ,if it suddenly appeared today this mega pyramid selling scam would be outlawed worldwide

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just because lots of people have believed in something just as unprovable for a lot longer doesn't make it any different. They are still sectionable.

As a matter of fact they are not sectionable. I don't think you'll find anyone has been sectioned on the grounds of being a christian, jew, muslim etc!

john clarke

Hi Flying Tench,

Yep, thats what i'm saying, all religions are fabrications or hallucinations. Thank you for putting it in terms that all will understand.

If people choose to believe something that has no tangible evidence, no facts to back it up, no physical object from god to prove it, then that is up to them. They can believe in anything they want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else. I like Jehovahs' witnesses even though they refuse to believe in the obvious fact of evolution (where do they think new varieties of vegetables come from ?) because they are very nice people & wouldn't hurt a fly.

If I were to decide that the tooth fairy was real & that if you insult my belief in it gave me just cause to kill you, then you would be quite justified in having me sectioned under the mental health act.

Just because lots of people have believed in something just as unprovable for a lot longer doesn't make it any different. They are still sectionable.

Under the law, god made me do it is no different than the tooth fairy made me do it. Both are still insane reasons.

I'm not picking on one religion, any religion that tries to threaten me or anyone else because of insane beliefs will get the same treatment.

Insult the tooth fairy, i'll blow up an airplane. see how crazy it sounds when you break it down like that.

Excellent post Ziggy. Very true.

As a matter of fact they are not sectionable. I don't think you'll find anyone has been sectioned on the grounds of being a christian, jew, muslim etc!

No, I meant if their religious beliefs make them do things like this,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10327455

Like I said, anyone can think whatever they want, as long as their fantasy doesn't spill over into the real world and adversely affect someone else.

Until God parks his spaceship down here, steps out & says the priests were right, you are all going to heaven or hell then that is all religion is, a story made up by someone who made some other gullible fools believe him & give them their money.

Its an easy way to get through life without doing any actual work, the perfect scam. I'll pray for your soul, you feed clothe & house me for the rest of my life.

Sounds like an episode of "The Real Hustle" I can picture the hidden camera as they convince "The Mark" that there is an afterlife, & then make a quick getaway with his money before he realised that they would have to have been dead to "actually" know that.

what about "voices" in their head ,if a churchman hears god its ok ,if anyone else does their mental 99% of the time ,god made me do it is a quick route to the loony bin but strangely churchmen who hear voices in their heads get jobs "advising" without any qualification ordinary members of their church ,crazy.

half the time churchmen go straight from college or uni and "train" with like minded others of their ilk ,bar advising on "voices in the head" or biblical stuff what bit of real life have theyu known so they can advise on it?

yes some come into the profession after living real life but i'm a bit concerned why they "found" god later?

i used to chat with a part time church bloke at the uni ,nice enough chap but i couldnt understand nor he explain what the hell "god called me" meant? if he heard a voice in his head who's to say it wasn't the loony version ?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes, the French have the right idea but even they were way to slow on the uptake. They really should have nipped the whole burka/hijahb thing in the bud decades ago by simply banning the wearing of visible religious items and clothing in public buildings.

One rule affecting everyone and very clearly affecting everyone in the same way is the only way to bring about change.

You can't ban the burka and still allow nuns and monks to wear their habits and you can't have animal welfare legislation and then allow kosher and halal slaughtermen to ignore it on the basis of religion.

The new law in France is not an "anti burka/niqab" law, it is a law against 'covering your face in public'. You could be fined for wearing a balaclava or a ski-mask or a motorcyclists crash helmet too. Wearing St Christopher's medallions or crucifixes etc. by school teachers, hospital workers and public officials when they are at work has been banned in France for a long time. A nuns wimple does not hide her face, nor does a monks hood hide his. Moslem women can still wear the hijab if they wish as this does not cover the face.

Vive la laïcité!

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The new law in France is not an "anti burka/niqab" law, it is a law against 'covering your face in public'. You could be fined for wearing a balaclava or a ski-mask or a motorcyclists crash helmet too. Wearing St Christopher's medallions or crucifixes etc. by school teachers, hospital workers and public officials when they are at work has been banned in France for a long time. A nuns wimple does not hide her face, nor does a monks hood hide his. Moslem women can still wear the hijab if they wish as this does not cover the face.

Vive la laïcité!

it has certain safety aspects as well ,we have women (i presume they are?) in full burkas complete with the net curtains as well driving around when the lot up the road have their knees up ,now anyone else would be in front of the beak for at least dangerous driving

Edited by chesters1

No, I meant if their religious beliefs make them do things like this,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10327455

Like I said, anyone can think whatever they want, as long as their fantasy doesn't spill over into the real world and adversely affect someone else.

Until God parks his spaceship down here, steps out & says the priests were right, you are all going to heaven or hell then that is all religion is, a story made up by someone who made some other gullible fools believe him & give them their money.

Well as a C of E priest it concerns me that the members of my church have to pay my salary through something called the parish share, but the fact is they and I are convinced that christian faith is true, and of course I contribute to parish funds myself. Naturally I don't agree with your view that there is no evidence for God etc, but perhaps that would be too big a digression to launch into here.

The point I'd really like to make is that governments (and people like you) need to take religion seriously if movements like militant Islam are to be handled effectively. The people who become terrorists are not usually people who are mad by any normal psychiatric definition. They are often university educated, and have included medical doctors. They are people who are sincere and deeply angry - and of course, wrong, in my view as well as yours. Read a book such as 'The Islamist' by Ed Husain to understand how one able and sincere young man went a considerable way down the radical road, but thankfully came back to a more moderate position.

At least 90% of the people in the world are religious. It is blinkered in the extreme for people (and I include the government) who understand almost nothing about religion to say 'They are all mad, but we won't worry about the tame ones.' To write people 90% of the world off as mad without doing the hard work of finding out why they believe what they believe is sheer laziness. Radicalization of Islam is a relatively new phenomenon. To control it we need a deep understanding of its social, political and religious roots, not superficial writing people off as mad.

john clarke

Unfortunately this is so. It puzzles me no end why this is so.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote