I'm 63 and I'm Tired

watatoad

This is lazy populist right wing neo con clap trap that comes out of the USA all the time. I am not condoning Muslim extremism, drug taking etc but this broad brush narrow viewed blunt tirade does not show the speaker in any good light, except to say he is clearly a narrow minded, small hick town idiot who should stick to duelling banjos and shagging his relatives.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is lazy populist right wing neo con clap trap that comes out of the USA all the time. I am not condoning Muslim extremism, drug taking etc but this broad brush narrow viewed blunt tirade does not show the speaker in any good light, except to say he is clearly a narrow minded, small hick town idiot who should stick to duelling banjos and shagging his relatives.

:)

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Me too, but what can we do but treat them with the contempt they deserve? One has to increasingly admire the French style of secularism which aims to cap the lot of them.

Yes, the French have the right idea but even they were way to slow on the uptake. They really should have nipped the whole burka/hijahb thing in the bud decades ago by simply banning the wearing of visible religious items and clothing in public buildings.

One rule affecting everyone and very clearly affecting everyone in the same way is the only way to bring about change.

You can't ban the burka and still allow nuns and monks to wear their habits and you can't have animal welfare legislation and then allow kosher and halal slaughtermen to ignore it on the basis of religion.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I got on great with everyone, yet someone who didn't even know me tried to kill me and a whole bunch of other people they had never met, at 30.000 feet ? Why ?

If it is because we don't believe in the same total fabrication/story that they do then come on out and say it.

How much street cred will it give them to say " We have declared war against anyone that doesn't believe the same bedtime story as us"

Religion is not truth, it is not based on fact, it is based on what someone else has made up, a story, a fabrication, a tale, a chinese whisper, a hallucination.

Not Real.

Well you are entitled to your belief that all religions are fabrications or hallucinations (I think that is what you are saying), but of course that is just your opinion in the same way religious beliefs are the opinions of others, based on the available evidence.

But it is highly unlikely that muslims tried to kill you and others just because you had different beliefs. Usually it is because the targets are thought to have insulted Islam, or it is part of a Holy War (Jihad) against those who are thought to have attacked muslims (in Iraq, Palestine etc). Though it is true that those who convert from Islam to another religion such as Christianity can face the death penalty - occasionally from their government, more often from zealous militias etc.

I don't mean to support Islam, but we may as well be accurate.

Edited by The Flying Tench

john clarke

I would agree that it is 'broad brush', 'narrow viewed, and a 'tirade', but couldn't the same be said of your post, specially the last couple of lines? It strikes me as particularly insensitive given that Newt, an American, has just said he agrees with most of the original blog.

Yes, the blog is overstated (in my view) but the essence of what it says would be accepted by most on the right wing of politics, whether in Europe or USA.

john clarke

Yes, the blog is overstated (in my view) but the essence of what it says would be accepted by most on the right wing of politics, whether in Europe or USA.

I agree. It's just that most of these viral email rants appear to originate from the USA (sometimes thinly and usually poorly "disguised" to appear as though the writer is from the UK or elsewhere).

Perhaps it's the famous English reserve that keeps most of us, most of the time, from "sharing" our more rabid beliefs with the wider world? :rolleyes:

sorry if imy post appears overstated or insulting its not just about America, here we have the English Defence league who are basically a bunch of under achieving morons who like to blame all sorts of people for their own predicament. They have formed an alliance with the Tea party in America. My point is that while the EDF is on the margins here in the UK the Tea party are considered main stream in the US

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Well you are entitled to your belief that all religions are fabrications or hallucinations (I think that is what you are saying), but of course that is just your opinion in the same way religious beliefs are the opinions of others, based on the available evidence.

But it is highly unlikely that muslims tried to kill you and others just because you had different beliefs. Usually it is because the targets are thought to have insulted Islam, or it is part of a Holy War (Jihad) against those who are thought to have attacked muslims (in Iraq, Palestine etc). Though it is true that those who convert from Islam to another religion such as Christianity can face the death penalty - occasionally from their government, more often from zealous militias etc.

I don't mean to support Islam, but we may as well be accurate.

Hi Flying Tench,

Yep, thats what i'm saying, all religions are fabrications or hallucinations. Thank you for putting it in terms that all will understand.

If people choose to believe something that has no tangible evidence, no facts to back it up, no physical object from god to prove it, then that is up to them. They can believe in anything they want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else. I like Jehovahs' witnesses even though they refuse to believe in the obvious fact of evolution (where do they think new varieties of vegetables come from ?) because they are very nice people & wouldn't hurt a fly.

If I were to decide that the tooth fairy was real & that if you insult my belief in it gave me just cause to kill you, then you would be quite justified in having me sectioned under the mental health act.

Just because lots of people have believed in something just as unprovable for a lot longer doesn't make it any different. They are still sectionable.

Under the law, god made me do it is no different than the tooth fairy made me do it. Both are still insane reasons.

I'm not picking on one religion, any religion that tries to threaten me or anyone else because of insane beliefs will get the same treatment.

Insult the tooth fairy, i'll blow up an airplane. see how crazy it sounds when you break it down like that.

sorry if imy post appears overstated or insulting its not just about America, here we have the English Defence league who are basically a bunch of under achieving morons who like to blame all sorts of people for their own predicament. They have formed an alliance with the Tea party in America. My point is that while the EDF is on the margins here in the UK the Tea party are considered main stream in the US

I must admit I don't know anything about the Tea Party !

john clarke