Should they ban rod licenses??????????

me

I am going to have alittle say here, as I too have to look after a disabled person (the slight difference is that I am disabled too!).

I am a very keen angler, if I could fish 7 days a week I would BUT I CAN'T AFFORD IT! I am on a fixed income from the government, and it's no good saying that it is only 50p a week for a licence as you can't pay for it that way. I have to save until I can afford to buy bait, I have to save to pay for a day's fishing, which is petrol, angling fees etc. Please do NOT be patronising and say it's only 50p per week! :mad:

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no beef with paying £30 quid a year yet alone the £22.50 or so that's charged at the moment. I only have two stipulations

Firstly, the money raised should be regionally ringfenced so that it's spent where it is raised. How many of us living in cities get the feeling that the cash raised fron course anglers is going on building fish ladders so that half a dozen rich boys can continue to enjoy Salmon fishing near their highland retreat when a hydro scheme is set up ?

Secondly, the EA should be totally transparent and publish full details of how the money raised is spent.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Pangolin:

A rod license is a good way to ensure that, even on waters that are free to the general public, anglers have to have some knowledge and show some responsibility.

How does that work then Pangolin?

You go into the post office,hand over the dosh and get a licence.

Even a brain dead chimpanzee could probably manage that, judging by what I see on the banks sometimes I think a few of them have.

Firstly for all you that are complaining, look here, I strongly recommend reading the last paragraph. Are you one of only eight, this year?

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subje...592793/?lang=_e

Second

Ken L

Have a look here, you will see that urban fishery restorations outweighed passes and screens, [that coarse fish require also] by 1/3, and remember that the Salmon boys pay a very high £61.25 for their licence. No comparison there I think.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subje...312415/?lang=_e

And now we come to Ian Bass

The parable explained.

Ian, after 15 years of running the gauntlet and not buying a licence, Which you seemed to be proud of, you last year bought your first one, and may I say more power to you for coming on to the right side of the law.

There have been many postings on A.N. by myself and others about licence dodgers being caught. You know that you should have a licence, and if you go fishing without, then you are likely to get caught sooner or later, the law of averages suggests that it will be your time soon. You will face a heavy fine plus costs, even if you got off lightly it would no doubt cost you something like three times the cost of a licence.

Now this is going to sound very harsh on my part, but you seem to be able to pay for the use of the internet, perhaps some of that money could go toward the licence that you know you should have. Remember if you get caught, and fined, there will be a lot more things you will not be able to afford.

[ 25. January 2004, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

quote:

Originally poted by Nathan: Do you think they should ban rod licenses? I do because it would stop you from getting fines even if you forget it. But they should keep them because the money goes towards building new fisheries and keeping them tidy. What do you think????????

hmmm....I think you've been drinking.....again :D:D

I have.....hic! :o

tight lines - andy

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Nugg,

I suppose in a way I am proud of not being caught. It shows the EA chaps arnt doing a very good job. However, it is fair to say I do fish in a very 'out of the way' pond which I bet they dont even know exists. I only fish from April to September and that depend on the weather. Sea fishing is my preference really. It would not bother me too much if I didn't go coarse fishing again, I just enjoy the odd day here and there. I read the article from the EA you put up, If they are getting £15 million from licences they wont miss my £22.50 too much will they!

I could always give them a false name and address if I was ever caught

I would refuse to pay any fines imposed and eventually do 7 days at 'Her Majesty's', be out in 3 and the fine is written off, fishing the following day. The system is crazy.

As for my Internet access, £9.99 per month including all phone line charges.

Sorry mate there is NO reason you can give me that would convince me to re-new my licence :D

[ 25. January 2004, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Ian Bass ]

As you can see Ian they know where they are, even if your little hideaway isn't on here it will be somewhere. As regards the old posts, someone like you sticks in the memory, it's a shame it's not for something worth remembering. Eh !!!!!

Posted Image

Remember this one?

originally posted by Ian Bass

posted 15 June, 2002 07:55 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEVER open a jumbo jet door at 35.000 feet

--------------------

Where is that big fish?

[ 25. January 2004, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

Who needs more ballifs. If the Commercial fisheries checked licenses when they took your money maybe a few more people would buy them.

Also as a license holder and if your 6ft 18 stone and look mean you can always ask to see other peoples licenses.

I think it should be easier to buy short term licenses from the fisheries or at bait shops.

SteveF:

Also as a license holder and if your 6ft 18 stone and look mean you can always ask to see other peoples licenses.

Steve I am 6ft and 18 stone, and I would think twice before asking to see anyones licence, in this day and age.