the river boys

bluezulu

well lads i know your not home yet ,still on the river banks as i type this. when you all return home let us all know who caught the biggest,smallest,most,most species,most unusual, who blanked, and who fell in?? :D look forward to hearing your river bank tales this evening :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back, it was generally all over by 9.00am. Amazingly I had a two mile stretch of the Thames to myself. I couldn't believe how quiet it was. Two chub/barbel fishermen on the weir early and gone by 8.00am and that was it. Good morning's sport with seven pike to 14/15lb on lures. Loads of bird life to watch, huge insect hatches almost spoilt things. Big perch didn't show...ah well can't have it all.

gerry castles

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I'm back too! Like Argyll it was over pretty much by 9.00, if not earlier. I had one more pike than Gerry but his were bigger so I'm not sure who eats their heart out!

Bream bashed in the hours of darkness, that was pretty good. A good run of fish, a number to 3 or 4 pounds even!

The fish finder was quite active in the early hours, found the bream for me. I came in for breakfast about 8 maybe 8.30 ish, had my oats & went off again. Caught nothing more, not a bite or a take & the screen was pretty much a constant blank. Where did the wee beasties disappear to?

Back up river this evening after those bream again!

That's when those life-saving Courses at the swimming pool comes in handy! Never mind! What did you catch (apart from a cold)

:o:D:o:D:o:D :cool:

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

quote:

If I say I got rather wet!and made loud splashing noises
mmmmmmnnnnn nursey wet mmmmnnnn

and congrats to peter to break his fishing up with a legover

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

im home early!i was late getting up but made it down to th eriver for 11.30,baited and waited, and at approx 2.30 the tip hammered round and....SNAP!bang goes my quivertip!so there i am attached to a an angry barbel,with the tip gone,playing it was a bit hairy but managed to land it,bang on 8lb and i had to get wet putting the lively little bugger back.oh well tried fishing on but i didnt take my avon section!

so any one had much experience with shimano?the rods only couple of weeks old,i do want a new section for free!will i get it?

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!