Smoking ban

Andrew

Ban smoking in cars, says British Medical Association wethere the driver is alone or not. I watched a section on the BBC news yesterday ( i think it was then ). There was an MP on and he was telling us in a " nice polite " way that the government " should protect us from ourselves " by banning smoking in cars. ??

Are we becoming a nanny state with Big Brother watching ?

Arguments for and against welcome. :DBEEB REPORT & video

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. The state shouldn't stop you from smoking in a car containing your infants.

Perhaps they should simply unfetter the regulation on the insurance industry and force you to declare that you are smoking in your car and let them adjust your premiums appropriately.

After All you are driving around whilst periodically destroying your night vision by waving a flame in front of your face. You are also sucking on a mixture of carbon monoxide (which will reduce the oxygen carrying capacity of your blood and hence make you less alert) and the drugs that you are smoking the cigarettes to get.

That's gotta increase your risk of an accident right ?

Perhaps they should be allowed to share this information with your life insurance provider who would I'm sure be interested to know that you are exposing yourself to smoke in the closed environment of a car.

Why not even go a stage further so the insurance companies can force you to disclose the names of any children that you expose to smoke in your car so they can be charged higher premiums latter in life.

Isn't there a Bible phrase about this ? "The sins of the fathers.......?"

Or perhaps you would rather be protected from what the insurance industry would really like to be able to do by some sort of "Nanny State" style system of regulation of financial service providers and protection of personal information.....?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Is the word " YOU " pointed at me ? by any chance or does it cover everyone por favor. :D

PS Ken

I'm a staunch non smoker BTW,

A total ban, i'm all for it, stinking smelly things.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Ban smoking in cars, says British Medical Association wethere the driver is alone or not. I watched a section on the BBC news yesterday ( i think it was then ). There was an MP on and he was telling us in a " nice polite " way that the government " should protect us from ourselves " by banning smoking in cars. ??

Are we becoming a nanny state with Big Brother watching ?

Arguments for and against welcome. :DBEEB REPORT & video

The BMA are a private organisation of Drs and nothing to do with the State or Government. The MPs opinions are his own so nanny state doesn't come in to it.

Having said that the state has a habit of banning things to protect me from myself.

If they can ban me from injecting heroin or smoking crack cocaine then why not ban me from smoking tobacco?

From a personal point of view I don't really care what anybody does to themselves AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH OTHERS AGAINST THEIR WILL.

what really grips my **** is when I see "parents" smoking in a car with children or even babies in the back. These selfish **8***8888 s should be charged with child abuse :angry: Other than that the sooner they smoke their way out of the gene pool the better ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

From a personal point of view I don't really care what anybody does to themselves AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH OTHERS AGAINST THEIR WILL.

what really grips my **** is when I see "parents" smoking in a car with children or even babies in the back. These selfish **8***8888 s should be charged with child abuse :angry: Other than that the sooner they smoke their way out of the gene pool the better ;)

Ditto B)

“Vescere bracis meis”

Is the word " YOU " pointed at me ?

Of course !

But now that you've declared your true colours, I'll be quite happy to go back and edit the post so that "You" or "You're" is replaced by "Those beastly smoker chappies".

Just say the word ! :D:D:D

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Fast to jump to conclusions Ken. !

All i asked was to debate the proposed ban, and not a personal attack upon my person e3664.gif

Never mind, i use my shoulders to keep my coat on and not a coat hanger. LoL LoL

“Vescere bracis meis”

Fast to jump to conclusions Ken. !

Not really. You did kinda throw a curveball by saying

There was an MP on and he was telling us in a " nice polite " way that the government " should protect us from ourselves " by banning smoking in cars. ??
Edited by Ken L

why not ban tobacco completely?

the gov ban social type drugs in an instant so there shouldn't be a problem ,oh there is crack and heroin dont provide tax baccy does ;)

as for kens night vision stupidity its simply not there and i have never heard of anyone high on tobacco having a crash nor a flame brght enough to cause it :rolleyes:

yo get far more vision impairment for far longer with these bluey white modern car headlights behind you and even more in an approaching vehicle.

yes go ahead and ban smoking with kids in the car but as you not only have to see a smoker you also have to see the kids to stop them ,i'm sure having coppers looking for both so they can stop you is far more distracting and dangerous and the population would be exposed to distracted coppers on the motorway looking for an £80 fine

I remember the idiot that showed an example with the same case in mind holding a fag in one hand and a lighted lighter in the other giving the impression fag smokers have to have both hands off the wheel to light a fag ,tosser!

the law if it were introduced would be enforceable you still see drivers holding phones chatting away and the police can prove it was used at the time if they stopped them ,with fags is it going to be the scent of stale smoke in the car that gives you a fine or just the "opinion" the copper has you had a quick puff as he passed

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I wouldn't have a huge problem if smoking was banned outright....(I'm a smoker, roll-ups) but chipping away with silly little arguments is not the way to do it. I don't smoke in cars with kids...I don't let them in my car...too bloody messy...sweets stuck to the carpet and leather!

Then again, I don't drive with foglights on when it's not foggy, or hog the middle lane, or drink and drive, or speed, or overtake when it's not safe, or drive un-insured, or without tax or MOT test, or tailgate, or use my 'phone, or with bald tyres etc. etc....

Anyway, the Govt. will never ban it, they get too much revenue from it. If the government put the £11 billion from tobacco tax into the NHS then the NHS would be able to cover smoking related diseases costs and still have £5+ billion to give to people to have cosmetic plastic surgery and artificial insemination to continue over-population of the world with fat children......

Smoking, it's my choice to do it on my property, not yours to stop me!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!