Otter

JV44

I'm glad the otters have eaten all the fish in the upper Thames catchment, as proved by some studies and many first-hand accounts from anglers. It means no-one fishes the rivers, and I and a few friends are free to enjoy the space, peace and quiet of pretty rivers, catching the fish that aren't there B)

any eels? B)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest redfin2
Well I dont know that much about barbel and even less about the Teme,but I do know a bit about professional guiding.

To keep your customers coming back it doesn't matter what a good guy you are or even how much you can teach them about fishing,there is one simple acid test..........and that's getting fish on a regular basis for them.To do so you have to find the spots and carefully "milk" them. Ensuring you have enough "hot spots" to be able to rest them between fish.If not you will soon push the fish away and therefore your customers.

As I mention I'm no barbel expert and have only fished the Teme a handful of times but I got the impression that it would be very difficult to build up a good guiding service for barbel on such a relatively small and intimate river. Killed the Golden Goose springs to mind?

Killed the Goose alright, it's not rocket science to appreciate that such a small river would suffer in the hands of such pressure....I suspect you guided for Catfish? which in a unknown water for the punter is reasonable option. What I find difficult to understand why these punters after Barbel need a guide to get them catching , still it takes all sorts.

I think I have to find a new culprit :)

Killed the Goose alright, it's not rocket science to appreciate that such a small river would suffer in the hands of such pressure....I suspect you guided for Catfish? which in a unknown water for the punter is reasonable option. What I find difficult to understand why these punters after Barbel need a guide to get them catching , still it takes all sorts.

I think I have to find a new culprit :)

Totally agree Redfin its a strange thing. If they want to catch a barbel that much its not hard to buy a gallon of maggots to put through a feeder and a day ticket at Bewdley! I think a lot of these "guided anglers" just go because they are "starstruck" as it seems that barbel fishing is the area your most likely to find guides working in in this country which is quite strange when you look at for arguments sake how many go carp fishing?

any eels? B)

Your not the Messiah Barry just a very naughty boy!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Your not the Messiah Barry just a very naughty boy!

Sniggs. :D

anyone know of any men anglers, were gonna fish around alderney for about 4 days and nights, 28th may, sleep on the 42' boat, get off to have a 's' shower and a shave, then back on again for the night sessions. On the way over doing the hurds deep 300' any puddle bashers fancy a challenge? :fishing:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

BUDGIE,

Lightheartedly, - - - you ought to try timing a 200 hp Merc outboard with boilies and a "slingshot". Especially if you're out of breath from hollering at the guy for running over your lines (three times!).

Phone

Worms,

You paint with a broad brush. Maybe you mean English carpy types. I'd say, although I haven't seen numbers in many years, that carp are the 2nd or 3rd most sought after fish in America (including the 'catch anything'ers). Most don't have a pot to pi$$ in or a window to throw it out of.

Red is trying to stir a post long since boiled dry. Otter pelt trade is improving daily now that it is cold.

Phone

A broad brush indeed Phone...but note the smiley...if British crap anglers want to slag off our native otter then unfortunately they're going to have to accept a broadside or two from those that see the "carp circus" as a bigger threat to UK angling than any natural predator!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I notice that a chap called Bob Roberts is getting a bit worked up on Facebook regarding otters. He seems to have started a little anti-predator page. He has removed (or had it removed) his website possibly to get some facts right but the support for controlling anything that looks at a fish (except other fish of course) is winding quite a few 'anglers' into a lather!

Methinks this needs nipping in the bud, constant references to the otter re-introductions (none since 1999) comparisons, with the effect that non-native species have etc. is all a bit excessive...not to mention inaccurate and misleading. A lot of the anti otter stuff on the web and social networking sites is so inaccurate that I fear a backlash from tree-hugging extremists...or maybe just normal folk who are going to get incenced about this crap! The English Carp Defence League for a start, bloody hell, undesirable political overtones or what?

I don't think he's too keen on Sharkbyte either!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I notice that a chap called Bob Roberts is getting a bit worked up on Facebook regarding otters. He seems to have started a little anti-predator page. He has removed (or had it removed) his website possibly to get some facts right but the support for controlling anything that looks at a fish (except other fish of course) is winding quite a few 'anglers' into a lather!

Methinks this needs nipping in the bud, constant references to the otter re-introductions (none since 1999) comparisons, with the effect that non-native species have etc. is all a bit excessive...not to mention inaccurate and misleading. A lot of the anti otter stuff on the web and social networking sites is so inaccurate that I fear a backlash from tree-hugging extremists...or maybe just normal folk who are going to get incenced about this crap! The English Carp Defence League for a start, bloody hell, undesirable political overtones or what?

I don't think he's too keen on Sharkbyte either!

Just had a look at his facebook page and noticed the goings on on there. Dont think he likes you either :D

On a serious note though it is good that someone with your knowledge is capable of making a credible counter argument. Shame they appear too pig-headed to listen. As has been said a few times it looks like they will stop at nothing to ruin the face of angling even more. They have had to scrape the barrell to make their arguments though. They have news stories on there posted 8 days ago that are months old.

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk