Any one going to brave the cold this weekend?

Dales

Great sesh Anderoo at least you know there are some there now ,Popped out for a few hours untill the snow started had this one first put in

Chub001.jpg

Chub001.jpg

Missed another bite and that was all folks ,snow started and i thought bugger this time to go .

There were some fairly hefty sheets of ice coming down ,you can just about make it out here

Chub004.jpg

The landing net was still frozen solid which made putting it together to land the chub entertaining :lol: ,note to self assemble net before casting in next time

Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a call from my wildlife consultant to say that my Coarse Lake at Wingham in east Kent was 20% frozen this morning, the Carp Lake 40%. Wingham takes longer to freeze over than many other waters, but conversely takes longer to thaw out.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I had a call from my wildlife consultant to say that my Coarse Lake at Wingham in east Kent was 20% frozen this morning, the Carp Lake 40%. Wingham takes longer to freeze over than many other waters, but conversely takes longer to thaw out.

:o:angry: :angry: :angry:

Damn weather, nightmare put a stop to my trip

JV, well done, good result! I was surprised at the amount of ice on the river. The lock cuts were completely iced over and the margins had quite thick ice along them. I lowered one of the chub down into the water in the net to release it, and it just lay there on ice I didn't know was there!

I'd like to get out for another go tomorrow, but the snow's still falling here, and I expect I won't be able to get the car out of the drive...

Ps all bites today were from right under cover, in the cold clear water they wanted to be tucked away, and all bites came with 10 seconds of casting. It's fascinating how chub on one stretch behave so differently to chub on another stretch of the same river!

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

JV, well done, good result! I was surprised at the amount of ice on the river. The lock cuts were completely iced over and the margins had quite thick ice along them. I lowered one of the chub down into the water in the net to release it, and it just lay there on ice I didn't know was there!

I'd like to get out for another go tomorrow, but the snow's still falling here, and I expect I won't be able to get the car out of the drive...

Ps all bites today were from right under cover, in the cold clear water they wanted to be tucked away, and all bites came with 10 seconds of casting. It's fascinating how chub on one stretch behave so differently to chub on another stretch of the same river!

My fish came from near far bank cover to and the rod hadn`t been in very long at all ,Was going back for another go tomorrow but snow couple of inches deep and still snowing so doubt it.

Any still bits had frozen over as you7 say ,when this lot melts it`s gonna dump a load of salt and cold water in :angry:

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

We are quite a few degrees above 0, and the odd patch of light rain, just a normal February day really, the weather people say everyone will get it, we might but the forcast here is for 6 degreees and a chance of light rain tomorrow, I shall go out for a try around the middle of the day.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

16ºF when I started fishing this morning thats-9ºC in new money! Water temp of the Kennet was barely above freezing at 35ºF. Had a chub before a brownie wrecked my swim - and found the left overs of Mr Otter's tea - 1 bite! :angry:

ChewedBarbel.jpg

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog