River Ribble Fish In

Rob Ward

I'm coming to the Ribble Fish In  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay £24 for a club card that gives you access to a prime stretch of water where the farmer allows camping

• Yes I'm up for that!
    • No I'd rather fish day ticket lengths!

To be honest I've never fished the day ticket stretches other than Tickled Trout.

What do you reckon, Ian?

I think i'd go for the club ticket, since it's so cheap anyway. Don't get me wrong the other stretches are just as good if not better. It's all down to the actual day really, you can only pick a decent stretch and hope the fish oblige.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very keen to fish the Ribble, it'll be a whole new experience! Because this fish-in is at the back end, whether I make it is I'm afraid down to how my local fishing is going, so I can't commit to it yet. Sorry, but the last weekends in March are precious, it's when that monster chub might suddenly turn up B)

But I am keen and it's currently 50/50. However, if I don't make this one, I'd definitely make one in the summer, if another one was arranged for then.

On tickets, the £24 season ticket would certainly be my choice. I'd be spending 4 times that on petrol, and as Budgie says, once you've gone all that way it's daft to settle for second best fishing-wise. £24 for a weekend's fishing is not too bad anyway!

I know where your coming from with your local campaign but there's some lump Chub in the Ribble as well Anderoo, big fish by anyones standards!

Bye the way, did you see Budgies post about a lift share if you do end up coming?

I think i'd go for the club ticket, since it's so cheap anyway. Don't get me wrong the other stretches are just as good if not better. It's all down to the actual day really, you can only pick a decent stretch and hope the fish oblige.

I reckon that's the one as well personally, more for the fact there's enough room for everyone (and then some) and we can camp on site with no worries about cars etc.

I reckon that's the one as well personally, more for the fact there's enough room for everyone (and then some) and we can camp on site with no worries about cars etc.

Yes my vote would lie there too. It really responds well into darkness down there too and I think a two day fish in on there would produce some really great results. Particularly as it is very much underfished around this time of the year compared with the start and middle of the season. My choice is usually trotting during the day to get the interest in the swim and then as dusk settles I get out the big fish rods and sit back and gaze at the starlights. It is very peaceful down there. I am actually starting to wish I was there now instead of sitting at my desk at work. Roll on the short summer evening sessions after work. B)

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

I am not really bother if it a day tickets or club water - At the moment I am 50/50 with by back problems. I hoping to get myself a brand new chair with a recliner in time for me to start fishing again! If I can get one that would hold my bulk weight :o then there a good chance of me making it to the ribble fish ins.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Yes my vote would lie there too. It really responds well into darkness down there too and I think a two day fish in on there would produce some really great results. Particularly as it is very much underfished around this time of the year compared with the start and middle of the season. My choice is usually trotting during the day to get the interest in the swim and then as dusk settles I get out the big fish rods and sit back and gaze at the starlights. It is very peaceful down there. I am actually starting to wish I was there now instead of sitting at my desk at work. Roll on the short summer evening sessions after work. B)

I know its a popular summer (T-shirt weather) stretch ATS. Have you done any good winter fishing on it?

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I know its a popular summer (T-shirt weather) stretch ATS. Have you done any good winter fishing on it?

Hi Brian,

Yeah I have had some really good winter sessions but equally I have had a few very quiet ones but that is the way with the Ribble anyhow. I think the temps will have risen by the time the fish in comes around so it should be pretty decent. I have had barbel out of there with air temps of -2 and thick frost on the ground so they are still about even in that kind of weather and the grayling certainly are too.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk