River Ribble Fish In

Rob Ward

I'm coming to the Ribble Fish In  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay £24 for a club card that gives you access to a prime stretch of water where the farmer allows camping

• Yes I'm up for that!
    • No I'd rather fish day ticket lengths!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provided baby hasnt yet come I will be there too. I secured permission by telling the wife that if she goes into labour I am only 20 minutes away. May need someone to pack my tackle away if I need to leg it :D . If anyone needs to lend anything for the river feel free to give us a shout or if you are not sure what to bring. Have you looked into any alternatives in case the river is not fishable rob?

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Provided baby hasnt yet come I will be there too. I secured permission by telling the wife that if she goes into labour I am only 20 minutes away. May need someone to pack my tackle away if I need to leg it :D . If anyone needs to lend anything for the river feel free to give us a shout or if you are not sure what to bring. Have you looked into any alternatives in case the river is not fishable rob?

Apparently the Leisure Lakes are doing some good Roach, there's Carp and Bream as well.

I have been looking at the ressie waters on the wigan ticket recently and plan to fish them tomorrow. I think they might be worth a look as a backup. Carp to 30lb, pike to 25lb+ and bream to 12lb+ not to mention roach perch etc. I will write up what they are like after I have fished one of them tomorrow. Have a look on the Wigan & District Angling Association website for further info.

I had a couple of hours on the ribble today and managed 5 chub up to 3lb. Nothing special I know but better than a kick in't dick ;)

Given the less than ideal conditions I think thats a pretty good showing. :thumbs:

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Wasn't going to go for the Wigan Card though ATS can't get them in my local tackle shop.

Wigan Waters don't allow night fishing anyway do they? Leisure Lakes does so no problems with accomodation.

We could head for one of the big Ressies up that way though on day tickets. Good Roach, Bream and Pike fishing.

This event is planned for Saturday 3rd/Sunday 4th March - two weeks time!

I'll be needing £24 ticket money via Paypal by midnight on Wednesday 29th February so I can go to the tackle shop for your club card. This gives you access to a prime stretch of River until 31st December 2012.

Camping on the river bank will cost you £5, no fishing after 11PM is the rule.

If you're coming then PM me your email address and I'll send you a Paypal invoice.

IF conditions are not looking favourable i.e. flood then I won't buy the club cards and we can either cancel or move on to a day ticket stillwater, in which case I'll return all monies. There's a lovely 190 acre Reservoir up in the Pennines with good Roach, Bream and Pike fishing we can head for.

Edited by Rob Ward

Sorry Rob - it look like I an going to pull out on this one as I would like to go but I can't run the risk in my healthwise because of my on going problems with my bad back and also the wound on my leg have open up again!

Sorry mate.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/