A chance to say something nice about someone

Rusty

Your fishing buddies, who are they and why do you fish with them?

No need to get too soppy, keep it butch please.

:lol: Most of my old fishing pals jacked in fishing years ago and now spend most of their spare time in the ale houses. The couple of my old pals I still fish with don't like trotting (which is my favourite fishing practice) preferring to watch a swingtip, bobbins or an alarm so most of my fishing is done alone.

My buddy Robyn, who you will see in a lot of my fishing vids. All round diamond chap! Great laugh and trusted friend!

And ( soppy bit warning) my dad! Dad spent a lot of my youth shooting/ fishing with my brother. My brother was into game keeping and fishing etc all through his youth...I wasn't, I enjoyed it but spent much of youth expanding my mind and training in various martial arts. when I bought dad a pen rod it kind of sparked a whole series of events that ended up with the two of us spending a lot of time fishing these days....I think it means a lot to him to spend time with me on something he can enjoy....and for me it's great to sit with my dad and fish!

Of my five best fishing buddies, three of them are dead, and a fourth lives in Australia

Fortunately I am married to the fifth !

However, she only likes boat fishing and spinning from the shore, so a lot of my fishing is done alone.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

My fishing buddy is loyal stealthy and don`t take no **** if anyone bothers me

ThamesChub004-1.jpg:rolleyes::D thought i was talking bout you mate didn't ya

i also fish with a guy who makes me laugh catches more fish than i do and is as open to trying new tactics/techniques as i am and we both fail miserably normally but he is a top bloke even if he is always sneaking off early for his takeout curry and pint to rub it in.....

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Your fishing buddies, who are they and why do you fish with them?

No need to get too soppy, keep it butch please.

My fishing buddies (Terry & Fred) are like myself and we all prefer fishing on our own; that way we can fish where we want and don't feel the need to fish within range of each other or sacrifice a good swim just because you or they fished it the last time.

The best fishing mates are the ones that you don't often see and only give their presence away when you hear the occasional swirl further down or upstream as they land a fish.

On rare occasions if attacking a new water I like fishing with a fishing buddie because we can assess the place share what we have learned about the place a lot faster.

I do occasionally take my son or my wife but I always seem to point them to the better swims as they don't know the small streams and rivers that I normally fish as well as I do, and I naturally want them to catch some decent fish; but my best days are when I am on my own.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Although I do go with a few guys on and off I fish a great deal alone and always have, perhaps its because for me fishing is a very personal thing, its just between me and the quarry whatever species. Sure my wife will sometimes accompany me then she will go off and get on with her photography or perhaps do some drawing or even read a book but she would never pick up a rod and have a go. My mate Clive is a good guy to go with but his quarry of choice are Crucians, I get bored when chasing Carp even if its for Crucians although we have had some fun Saturdays chasing the Perch. I go fishing with my son on and off but he is fussy as to where he fishes prefering the quiet reaches, unlike me. I am equally happy to fish in an area where there is a lot of traffic people, dogs, cattle, children, I don't care. Good weather, rain or snowstorm I never think about it I'm always too busy concentrating on what I am fishing and trying to get it right or at least improve my methods, for except when I stop for a cup of coffee.

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

My fishing buddy is Rik or AddictedToScopex. He introduced me to fishing some years ago and I have enjoyed it ever since. He has taught me a lot and is usually quite patient with me. Especially when I used to lose half of his gear in trees before I had my own stuff. :)

My fishing buddy is Rik or AddictedToScopex. He introduced me to fishing some years ago and I have enjoyed it ever since. He has taught me a lot and is usually quite patient with me. Especially when I used to lose half of his gear in trees before I had my own stuff. :)

I think you still owe me about £1000 in leads and spinners. I will just have to keep 'borrowing' your terminal tackle until I have recouped the losses :D

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk