Boat hire

Andy_1984

My last word on the subject.

I believe, based on MANY years of teaching and practicing marine survival and rescue that anyone who goes on the water, be that lake, river or sea, without a life jacket is stupid beyond belief.

That includes canoes, kayaks, rowing boats, motor boats, inflatables, fishing boats private and charter and anything else that floats.

There is NO reason not to wear a life jacket these days.

I also believe in the freedom of the individual to be as stupid as they like as long as they don't put others at risk. Unfortunately they so often do.

To anyone reading this who isn't convinced, trust me, life jackets save lives.

No evidence re charter boats then or the amount of times you have claimed that the rnli have been rescuing the charter boat anglers. Nor justifying your claim that charter boat anglers are stupid. You forgot to commend the charter boat skippers and guys who have spent years organising events and fund raising for the rnli, if you have nothing else to add, go away as you have intimated a few times now. see yer.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

off topic, hey ho,

this will save a few lives and is worth supporting, not so much anglers, few heart attacks and cuts but divers in particular, during the summer you can hear coastguard and the helicopters liaizing, mainly divers who come up too fast, however there are an enormous amount of boats etc out in this part of the coast in particular during the summer, split heads, sailing vessels are quite frequent and dingeys, not forgetting the shore based activities. :thumbs: :

http://www.thisisdorset.co.uk/Nearly-10-00...tail/story.html

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

No evidence re charter boats then or the amount of times you have claimed that the rnli have been rescuing the charter boat anglers. Nor justifying your claim that charter boat anglers are stupid. You forgot to commend the charter boat skippers and guys who have spent years organising events and fund raising for the rnli, if you have nothing else to add, go away as you have intimated a few times now. see yer.

Do you have a problem with reading?

Maybe you just have a problem with understanding

Or is it that you just see what you want to see.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say your just a bit, well, thick.

I have copied what I said. Here it is.

I still see Kn*bs standing up casting fly rods in the middle of reservoirs or charter boats with not one person wearing a life jacket or immersion suit.

When the boat founders you don't have time to find one and put it on.

Ask someone to take a risk in their job and it is "no way am I doing that" and yet they are happy to do it for fun.

Problem is the RNLI have to wast time and resources searching for the body

Now maybe you will tell me what "evidence" I am supposed to supply re charter boats. That I have seen them or that people on them don't wear life jackets. I think that you have supplied that yourself don't you.

Maybe you could also tell when I mentioned the RNLI searching for charter boat anglers.

Justifying my claim that charter boat anglers are stupid?? keep going, your doing that for me.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Do you have a problem with reading?

Maybe you just have a problem with understanding

Or is it that you just see what you want to see.

Let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say your just a bit, well, thick.

I have copied what I said. Here it is.

I still see Kn*bs standing up casting fly rods in the middle of reservoirs or charter boats with not one person wearing a life jacket or immersion suit.

When the boat founders you don't have time to find one and put it on.

Ask someone to take a risk in their job and it is "no way am I doing that" and yet they are happy to do it for fun.

Problem is the RNLI have to wast time and resources searching for the body

Now maybe you will tell me what "evidence" I am supposed to supply re charter boats. That I have seen them or that people on them don't wear life jackets. I think that you have supplied that yourself don't you.

Maybe you could also tell when I mentioned the RNLI searching for charter boat anglers.

Justifying my claim that charter boat anglers are stupid?? keep going, your doing that for me.

I understand you point sportsman but what you are litterally saying everybody who goes on water on any vessel off any kind from a charterboat to the QE2 should at all times wear a lifejacket safety has allways comes first in my book i did offshore survival courses myself on a few occasions when i worked in the oil industry but you can take things to the extreme.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I read some report of that rig that went down in the North sea years ago. it said most of the deaths was caused by the icy waters freezing their throat and so they couldn't breath

4 minutes is about right but the cause of most of the "instant" deaths is a quick drowning. The shock of hitting icy cold water makes you exhale rather explosively and if you are going under at the same time, you may try to breathe water when you have an immediate need for air.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt,

Bases on risk/benefit and claims of logical and illogical ignorance it really come down to personal choice. Fundamentally, I am with Big Cod - in the same fashion as we use personal and commercial aircraft. Steve Polyak put it best, "Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?"

Phone

No, you're just being as stupid as normal so now I have said my piece about lifejackets I don't have to put up with your stupidity any longer

Byee :bye1: :bye1:

And the usual retort from you, if people dont agree with you, out comes the dummy, grow up and act your age, people can have diffrent oppinions from you, if you cannot accept that then thats your problem not mine, good God what a bloody moaner, grown up for Gods sake. :D

And this time, please stick to the ignore button. :P

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I understand you point sportsman but what you are litterally saying everybody who goes on water on any vessel off any kind from a charterboat to the QE2 should at all times wear a lifejacket safety has allways comes first in my book i did offshore survival courses myself on a few occasions when i worked in the oil industry but you can take things to the extreme.

paul.

I think just a tiny bit of common sense would suggest that I wasn't referring to large ships. This is too important a subject to make childish remarks or start stupid pointless arguments about

I trained the crews of the standby boats in sea survival, boat handling, onboard operations and first aid.

I was personally involved in the rescue and treatment of survivors from the Piper Alpha in 1988. I know that unexpected events can occur. If they happen on land then you can expect rapid assistance. On the water help may be delayed so if you want to survive you have to stay alive until help finds you. A lifejacket would make a major contribution to this.

By the way, regardless of what others would like to make it, I am not just referring to charter boats. I am sure that they are very well found and equipped and that they have an excellent safety record. Doesn't mean that the unexpected cannot occur. Just imagine if the unimaginable happened. The anglers on board are not seamen, regardless of what they think, they would not know what to do or how to do it. You will know from your survival courses how hard it is to get into a liferaft for instance. People die and the next of kin discover that there were life jackets on board but they weren't being worn. Survivors come ashore with stories of panic and not knowing where the life saving equipment was. No safety briefs, no demonstrations. Wouldn't want to be in that skipper's shoes, would you?

For what it's worth the worst offenders that I used to see on a regular basis were fly anglers on large lakes and reservoirs. They would be out in small unstable boats, no life jacket and no idea. Then, to make it worse they stand up to cast. Boat rocking all over the place. Happens all too often.

of course the real reason you don't use charter boats is that your a cr@p angler. yes. :boat:

here's a bit you wrote sport quote you, ok, with us behind your rubbery off switch: I still see Kn*bs standing up casting fly rods in the middle of reservoirs or charter boats with not one person wearing a life jacket or immersion suit.

When the boat founders you don't have time to find one and put it on....................

Now what evidence have you got that charter boats are inherantly unsafe, mores to the point, how much time is wasted by the rnli rescuing the kn@bs. Of course you can't answer that because you don't have any facts to back up your claims. And you recon us kn@bs are all tic. As you don't go aboard, from what ports do your bring your observations from , uk one's or french? Answer that one. :D

Do you know the differance between a charter boat and a life boat, i don't think you do. Here, just for you, ok. A life boat is classed as all weather, so the guys dress up for the purpose, so along with life jackets they also wear immersion suits, too right, totally agree.

Now a charter boat is classed as a coded, insured, passenger carrying vessel, ok so far, Why do the passengers need an immersion suit? I have difficulty with that one. And are you telling us you never ever see anglers aboard wearing say pfd's for example, like floatation suits. Ohh, iv'e sussed it, you live too far from the sea and you don't have a camera for the evidence. Just admit, it's you who don't wish to see. Whats the difference between an immersion suit and a floatation suit, colour? Yes your foto of yellow immersion rnli suits, however, i have seen red one's also, how do you know the differance to make your wild claim re charter boats, who's the kn@b.

Here's some more for you to chew on during brekkie, many of the latest charter boats, cost anything up to a third of a million, the catermaran for example is one of the best, safest fishing platforms developed. Do you think for one minute any skipper would pay that sort of dosh without safty in mind. Your bit about foundering, how many back up systems do you think one of these boats have, remember, ther'e not classed as dingeys, your problem is that you have never been on one (cr@p angler) or looked at what they have, there's alarms all over the place, in the bilges, more often than not, the'res more tham one, as for pumps there's always more than one on these boats, both manual and auto, a cat will have at least four, think about it. As for the electronics, radar, more warning alarms, radio, instant comms. I'm beggining to liken the dashes to aircraft cockpits :) Two hulls, hummm, how many have foundered to back up your claim of wasting rnli time? And you think we are the stupid ones aboard, your off your rocker mate. no no, your a p c junkie without evidence. Now be a good BOY and go back and re-read my posts again and see where you think i have been stupid, thick or downright dangerous in pursuit of my hobby. If you can find something, correct me but provide the evidence to back it up or carry on behind your rubbery switch, do i take my safty serious, of course i do, what i also know is that from time to time even on a n the dicussion re the values of life jackets and pfd's floatation devices reappears, just accept that there is a differance of opinion and all will be well. cheers sport.

p.s. you posted while i was doing mine, i'm not removing it, however, i will agree to dissagree and promise that i won't do joined up writing B)

Edited by barry luxton

of course the real reason you don't use charter boats is that your a cr@p angler. yes. :boat:

here's a bit you wrote sport quote you, ok, with us behind your rubbery off switch: I still see Kn*bs standing up casting fly rods in the middle of reservoirs or charter boats with not one person wearing a life jacket or immersion suit.

When the boat founders you don't have time to find one and put it on....................

Now what evidence have you got that charter boats are inherantly unsafe, mores to the point, how much time is wasted by the rnli rescuing the kn@bs. Of course you can't answer that because you don't have any facts to back up your claims. And you recon us kn@bs are all tic. As you don't go aboard, from what ports do your bring your observations from , uk one's or french? Answer that one. :D

Do you know the differance between a charter boat and a life boat, i don't think you do. Here, just for you, ok. A life boat is classed as all weather, so the guys dress up for the purpose, so along with life jackets they also wear immersion suits, too right, totally agree.

Now a charter boat is classed as a coded, insured, passenger carrying vessel, ok so far, Why do the passengers need an immersion suit? I have difficulty with that one. And are you telling us you never ever see anglers aboard wearing say pfd's for example, like floatation suits. Ohh, iv'e sussed it, you live too far from the sea and you don't have a camera for the evidence. Just admit, it's you who don't wish to see. Whats the difference between an immersion suit and a floatation suit, colour? Yes your foto of yellow immersion rnli suits, however, i have seen red one's also, how do you know the differance to make your wild claim re charter boats, who's the kn@b.

Here's some more for you to chew on during brekkie, many of the latest charter boats, cost anything up to a third of a million, the catermaran for example is one of the best, safest fishing platforms developed. Do you think for one minute any skipper would pay that sort of dosh without safty in mind. Your bit about foundering, how many back up systems do you think one of these boats have, remember, ther'e not classed as dingeys, your problem is that you have never been on one (cr@p angler) or looked at what they have, there's alarms all over the place, in the bilges, more often than not, the'res more tham one, as for pumps there's always more than one on these boats, both manual and auto, a cat will have at least four, think about it. As for the electronics, radar, more warning alarms, radio, instant comms. I'm beggining to liken the dashes to aircraft cockpits :) Two hulls, hummm, how many have foundered to back up your claim of wasting rnli time? And you think we are the stupid ones aboard, your off your rocker mate. no no, your a p c junkie without evidence. Now be a good BOY and go back and re-read my posts again and see where you think i have been stupid, thick or downright dangerous in pursuit of my hobby. If you can find something, correct me but provide the evidence to back it up or carry on behind your rubbery switch, do i take my safty serious, of course i do, what i also know is that from time to time even on a n the dicussion re the values of life jackets and pfd's floatation devices reappears, just accept that there is a differance of opinion and all will be well. cheers sport.

p.s. you posted while i was doing mine, i'm not removing it, however, i will agree to dissagree and promise that i won't do joined up writing B)

Yep, you're right

Accidents never happen

Boats don't sink

People don't die

Cats are the safest boats of all

OOPS

http://www.skynews.com.au/world/article.aspx?id=805571