Angling Trust acts to relocate seal to protect Severn fish stocks

Anglers' Net

I hate this, while it is not in my backyard, I have to agree with Worms. (that's twice already this year)

Phone

Could this be the start of a beautiful friendship? :boxing:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

It's really starting to liven up now, lots of work by "normal" anglers seems to be getting the word across to Joe and Jo Public that the AT doesn't speak for all of us and that the huge majority of anglers enjoy seeing all native wildlife...

https://www.facebook.com/savetheseal/posts/476332005738001?comment_id=5195597&notif_t=feed_comment_reply

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton,

The article says " to protect vulnerable . . .". Perhaps "valuable" would have been a better choice of words for the fish stocks.

Lat,

You must be right, I don't understand. I thought John's comment was clever "tongue in cheek" on fish predation. I am delighted and relish the sight of Osprey whilst fishing in North America. We nearly wiped them out with the use of DDT insecticides circa 1950 (destroys the egg shell as I remember). Just different I guess. Still I don't understand? I'm certainly not afraid to "give you a clue" just don't know what it is you want my opinion on. Opinions are like a-holes - everyone's got one.

Phone

Phone

The backpeddaling by the AT is a waste of time. They have done irreparable damage to angling and the image of anglers. This is a short version of the damning article from a local paper in Birmingham yesterday.

What a total f*** up !

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The backpeddaling by the AT is a waste of time. They have done irreparable damage to angling and the image of anglers. This is a short version of the damning article from a local paper in Birmingham yesterday.

What a total f*** up !

Agreed.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

Nice to see our harmless pastime in such safe hands...honestly, what a monumental balls up this has been. I've been saying for years that it will be the public that ultimately decide our fate, not pressure groups. All our (unelected and hugely unsupported) 'governing' body has to do is manage the media and keep the public happy. I hope they've learned something from this and I hope it's not too late, but real damage has been done to us all here.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Nice to see our harmless pastime in such safe hands...honestly, what a monumental balls up this has been. I've been saying for years that it will be the public that ultimately decide our fate, not pressure groups. All our (unelected and hugely unsupported) 'governing' body has to do is manage the media and keep the public happy. I hope they've learned something from this and I hope it's not too late, but real damage has been done to us all here.

Don't be daft! Those tossers would have trouble with the 2X table

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

Anderoo, they managed the media?...missed that bit mate.

Fortunately, quite a few dedicated anglers have really put a lot of effort into making sure that the general public have been well informed of the biased, inaccurate and downright deceiving information that Mark Lloyd and his cronies have put out on this subject, not to mention the back-tracking, u-turns and arrogant posturing that they ended up with. Anglers such as Ron Angel and Barry Luxton (amongst many others, no disrespect to the many I haven't named) have put hours of work into trying to restore the good name of the majority of "normal" anglers to the general public after the "Truss" managed to create the largest fek up regarding public relations (PR to you Phone :bleh: ) that I've seen in over 45 years of angling......Bloody fuming I am...and it's not over yet.

As an aside, funnily enough, those that have worked hardest at trying to restore public faith in anglers have been (mainly) sea anglers, probably a result of greater doubt about the efficacy (or more likely honesty) of organisations that are set up to promote or regulate angling, given the dodgy results of previous ".orgs"!

Now there's still the issue of the bloody trolling 'militants' to deal with..... :hypocrite:

Edited by Worms