It Actually Happened - My Rod Licence Was Checked!

Elton

Yes, for the first time ever in my life, I had my rod licence checked yesterday.

In fact, the man from the EA checked both of my rod licences (which was a bit odd, as I was only fishing with one rod!).

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton - the EA have been known to lurk on forums and then descend on fish-ins to check licences. We had one come to the very first fish-in I organised through AN. And a while later when I was chatting to one of his colleagues at a bailiffs meeting he confirmed that he wouldn't have been there but for the fish-in details posted here!

I imagine at Timsbury though the EA are rather regular visitors - it was here that they had that 'bit of trouble' last year!

C.

[ 14. February 2005, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

One licence covers two rods, if you fish with three or four you need two licences.

I've only ever had my licence checked by club bailiffs whilst checking season ticket books, not be EA officials.

Although in all fairness I am often either well off the beaten track or fishing through the night, or both.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

It covers you for two. I often use three for carp.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The EA have been busy around Ipswich area Elton.

Ladywood in Nacton has had a visit (known about because anglers were there) four times this year already.

In the ten years I have fished there, never seen a baliff.

One member has been caught and he is quoted to have said "I never thought you would check down here as we are on private estate land!"

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I have had my licence checked three times this year all in a two month period. Only thing is each time I was fishing a league match on the same venue so the EA guys were comming down each week to check people they had checked the previous week. Funilly enough I had my licence checked twice the previous year - same venue same league.

They must live close to the Military Canal.

I've had mine checked twice this year, seems they might be stepping up their checking. I spoke to the owner of a lake I go to a few weeks ago and he said the EA guys had been round at least 10-12 times in the last 8 or 9 months. Last season he only saw them twice all year !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Ive only ever had it checked once in 5-6 years of fishing. they must be stepping up and starting to check them a lot more.

i didnt know you had to have 2 licences to fish 3 rods. Glad ive heard about it. i wont forget about that.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...