Housing benefits

Andrew

Despite the lefties getting out of their (subsidised) prams about benefit reforms, I think Call Me Dave & Co are generally getting it right.

It's about time that the welfare state was directed only at those in genuine need (as it was meant to) and not taken up by those who see it as a lifestyle choice.

The major worry is if the scroungers aren't given the amount of handouts they need, they then choose to go and nick what they need, end up in stir and the state then supports them anyway.

It's an education piece as much as anything else and it could take a generation or two to breed out the state reliance culture.

Go and tell that to a genuine claimant who has been told he/she is fit for work.

There's a couple on these forums.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I confess, I'm struggling to see the relevance of a thirteen year old quote from a man who was an MEP (not an MP) at the time and who has never had a job as an MP that had responsibility for a department managing housing or any other kind of benefits.

Ken its just a reminder to anybody who forgets who are the worst scroungers in our society the people who DO NOT NEED THE MONEY still take the mickey mr goodwill still continuies as our mp to this present day and is still taking the mickey with his expenses and has been found out a leopard very rarely changes his spots.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Not to worry, the gravey train gets derailed in October when housing benefits cease to exist.

No they dont the name just gets changed ,there isnt some policy where everyone on hb suddenly becomes homeless because they cannot afford a rent .

Bit silly though if i heard right the gov no longer pay it straight to the council or landlord (not sure how it works on private renters) and let the renter pay the landlord it will end up with many defaulting its like giving coke to an addict

The council will then end up rehousing them as its illegal to live on the streets i believe in london or they have to provide a pink blanket and bit of string for a dog or something

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Wouldn't it be good if everyone got what they deserved, rather than what they wanted?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

What sort of job should an unmarried mother of three young kids get?

Den

ethics counsellor?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Ken its just a reminder to anybody who forgets who are the worst scroungers in our society the people who DO NOT NEED THE MONEY still take the mickey mr goodwill still continuies as our mp to this present day and is still taking the mickey with his expenses and has been found out a leopard very rarely changes his spots.

paul.

Were his actions against the rules ?

Would it have cost the public purse any less if he had spent the whole lot rather than spending the minimum and pocketing the difference ?

Would it have been OK if he was working for a private company instead of claiming expenses as an MEP ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

ethics counsellor?

How do you know she is not a widow?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Were his actions against the rules ?

Would it have cost the public purse any less if he had spent the whole lot rather than spending the minimum and pocketing the difference ?

Ken why should he be given more than he needs why should he be given money for first class seat why couldnt he travell with the rest of tax payers in this country there was a very big cost cutting exercise in the arms forces recently they saved millions in stopping first class air travell when you can get there just the same in economy hard times ken mr goodwiil has been exposed and he doesnt like it what he said it sticks to him like glue he showed his true colours and he still wants to take as much tax payers money as he could possibly grab he has no shame if you look on that real whitby site scarborough council are trying to shut it down because it has uncovered so many bag apples some very high profile figures have been exposed and they dont like it sbc are coming under extremly pressure over it looks like there legal department has over stepped themselves trying to bully people and its backfireing a bit like some politicians they think they are

above the law.

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

If all expense accounts required their holders to use the minimum price options for food and transport. A very large proportion of restaurants in this country would close, hospitality suites at sporting venues would be empty (pushing up the cost for everyone else) and you'd have senior exectutives travelling accross London by bus.

Not quite sure if that's the world you're looking for.

The fact is that expenses rules for MEP's are set by Brussels, he was operating within the rules and thirteen years ago, there was no depression or austerity on the horizon.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.