Christmas fishing

RUDD

Blimey happy Tone at 7.30 am the day can only get better I guess :hypocrite: ,joking aside he is ok realy just never ever

Ask him how trade is or talk about flooding [one and the same]or tell him you own a narrowboat,,,,,,,,,,,,

He is I believe a tasty canal angler but very much a glass half full guy

And definitely don't get him started on carp anglers!

I haven't been out for a while and I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms but I'm hoping to get out tomorrow on a local gravel pit with my son trying to catch a Pike or two on rubber lures before the really cold weather arrives.

My local stream is very high and very coloured but if it starts to fine down in the next week I may have a go after a couple of its large Roach or a couple of Barbel.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Steve have a look to see what the lakes are like and if accessable we could have a day there

Had a quick drive round the lakes on my way home - fishable, looks as if they were probably inaccessible last week, though, the river is only a few inches below the paths.

Christened my drop shotting kit today. No perch, not even a follow, but I did get this pretty little jack:

69AD2C93-2C0E-49B8-8C67-8756D703366A_zps

Goiod stuff Steve static or slow retrieve?

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Got out 4 times over the Christmas break....Loads-a-chub caught - below is one of 3, 5lbers to grace my net...

Chub5-02_zpsbc709e1b.jpg

And a short perching session on the canal on boxing day produced this surprise!

DecTench_zps181bae56.jpg

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Deluges produced rivers 3metres above normal level in my neck of the woods. But needs must so I fished one of the local low key commercials(well established. lightly fished and not overstocked)which would have been sacrilege for me a few years ago.But to my surprise the fish are pristine , fit and a pleasure to catch - so that's another prejudice gone out of the window damn it . Fishing waggler in 10' of water I had a pleasing succession of roach to 12oz, perch to a pound , and solitary ide , rudd and bream (all smallish ). Beats sitting at home moaning but I still cannot wait to watch the quivertip hoop round to another big river chub ...

My local rivers a washout this Christmas but finally had an afternoon on an old clay pit that I've fished for decades, fishing well out in 12ft of water with fine gear. Nothing any size at all but a succession of small roach and rudd; watched by a pair of deer for half an hour from 20yards away. Peaceful!

I've been out trottin' a few times in the last couple of weeks and have had quite productive sessions. Last session was a couple of days ago (Sunday just gone) and I had a very enjoyable afternoons fishing with some clonkin dace and 19 plus chub ( gave up counting after that)....

I caught four chub in four trotts then released them...

4xz3.jpg

Then I hooked another four chub in the next four trotts but the eigth chub came off as it was a bit alkward trying to net it with there being three in the net already lol

d7c2.jpg

I give the Witcher an airing recently and it was great to use.....

5ady.jpg

in57.jpg

If the weather report turns out to be wrong for tomorrow and it doesn't persist down i'm gonna try and have an hours trotting to see the new year in. Saying that, if the weather men are right then I think i'll be giving it a miss.

Good luck to anyone else having a new years fishing trip :thumbs:

Edited by Tigger