Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Thats gorgeous Julia, there are a couple of grassy banks close to me, full of Crocus. I've snapped them a couple of times but none have come out like this.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Guest Finepix
Thats gorgeous Julia, there are a couple of grassy banks close to me, full of Crocus. I've snapped them a couple of times but none have come out like this.

Steve... :)

Ah thanks Steve :) (today is a better day :lol: )

hi newt - depends, visibility can change dramatically from day to day but on a really good day maybe 15 - 20 feet deep :)

wow bob what an amazing photo! how cool would it be to have rainbow lorikeets in ya back yard.. :)

Some whitling ducks came to tea, along with the lorikeets.

post-8845-1142468698_thumb.jpg

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Cool shot Alnath and welcome to Anglers net also..:)

I've been toying with taking that shot myself but was thinking of trying the other end of the iso scale myself, I must have a practice with this idea. But I've just come in and need to empty my camera first. :D

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Cool shot Alnath and welcome to Anglers net also..:)

I've been toying with taking that shot myself but was thinking of trying the other end of the iso scale myself, I must have a practice with this idea. But I've just come in and need to empty my camera first. :D

Steve

Cheers Steve and thanks for the welcome :)

I took some at ISO3200 and they have less noise than that one but didnt quite hit the mark, so i had to use that one and brighten it up a bit which is why its a bit noisy :(

Haven't been out much lately due to a bout of Flu. :(:yucky::(:yucky:

So I dragged this one out of the archives for you ..

Commando Memorial .. Situated in the highlands of Scotland.

Commando5.jpg

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Commando Memorial .. Situated in the highlands of Scotland.

Commando5.jpg

Excellent, mate. Just ordinary blokes doing an extraordinary job.

A hobby of mine, growing tropical orchids; this is cattleya "Slim Warner"

057107.jpg

The thumbnail is a dendrobium "Shannon" post-8845-1142540115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bobj

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

OI OI

right try again computer keeps telling me i dont have enough room,?? so i've reduced this by 50%

its a shot of my back yard, ( i hope )

:sun::sun::sun:

its a start.

Bill, I've gotta say, each time i read your Oi Oi intro it makes me chuckle. :lol: It looks like you had plenty of snow there, I hope it wasn't wheely bin day.

Blue Marlin - re 'Coin de Mir' is that French for Whitley Bay, maybe not I've just seen the catch of the day, I blame global warming. Both great shots mate, was the Coin de Mir shot panoramic or cropped?

Finepix, love the crocuses/croci?? & bobj's orchid also.

Alnath - I've seen two of your shots now & they're both, from a technical side of things, terrific.

Just a quick edit to add my POTD - I think it's a Bank vole & would be greatful if anyone can confirm one way or t'other?

57339091.bankvole_1603c.jpg

Edited by rabster