What next

Andrew

First horse meat in our supermarkets, and now we have halal meats being sold without any information given to the shoppers.

Dreadful state of affairs, shame on the supermarket bosses :yawn::rolleyes:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

They've been doing it for years. I saw a site a good while back (aimed at muslims) that listed all the major supermarkets and which of their meats were Halal. Almost all lamb and chicken is and some beef, irrespective of which supermarket you shop at.
Personally, I couldn't care less if some superstitious idiot has mumbled something as the beast died but I do take umbridge at exclusions to hygiene and humane slaughter regulations for ritual killing.

There's a YouTube video called "Meet your meat, the barbarity of halal slaughter" which shows what goes on in the name of peoples imaginary friends in even what is clearly a modern mechanised abattoir.
I'm not for a moment suggesting that all Halal slaughter is barbaric (quite a lot is pre-stunned just like in any abattoir), but there is absolutely no legal requirement to pre-stun and no way of telling the difference.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Cheaper to make ,no electric to use and only words to stun.

Strange religion has its get out clauses not available to everyone else without penalty of law

Jews have been killing animals their way for ever strange along with their child abuse its only now the moslems are spotted doing it their way its news

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I make no distinctions Dave. Halal and Kosher are identical in all but name and adhear to exactly the same rules from Deuteronomy.

I'd happily force both lots to adhear to the same hygene and humane standards as everybody else - it's that boring old secular worldview.

As for mutilating the genitals of children (Both boys and girls), that should have been banned decades ago.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

...halal pork at that :bleh:

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I don't care about who says what prayers at slaughter, but there should be no exemptions for the laws on stunning - for halal or kosher.

The Qu'oran only details that prayers should be said over food by the person intending to eat it so no animals should be killed other than under UK laws.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Hunted food is halal with very little effort - it only needs the shooter to be a Muslim who utters the name of Allah when he shoots, and the animal not to be a forbidden species. I think that if I were into shooting game, I would be trying to popularise the sport amongst the Muslim community so that if the next Labour administration upsets its backbenchers and tries to throw them a shooting ban as a sop you can say "now you aren't going to be islamophobic about this are you?" ;)

• Like 1

Over 2 million chickens are processed in the UK each day. 90% are killed to Halal standards. That means that they are slaughtered to exactly the same standards as other chickens, ie stunned and throat cut. They just play a tape of a Muslim prayer in the background whilst they are doing it.

This is the same as in just about every commercial abattoir in the UK. It has little to do with religion and much to do with profit.

It is too expensive to run two slaughter lines so they just run the one. Some meat will be labelled Halal and sold to the appropriate outlets and the rest will go to the regular outlets that have been buying it for years.

Nothing new here

Before I worried too much about the comparatively few animals slaughtered without stunning I would be much more concerned about the millions of animals reared in misery, transported in vile conditions hundreds of miles across country because that is how the supermarket wants it and treated with complete disregard for their suffering during the entire period.

It's why, when I was able, I shot my own or bought it from people who shot it.

I wish I still could.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/