Brazil 2014

Puzzled

Well, that's set the standard for this competition.

The best amateur dramatics will be getting the decisions that give them the goals that they cannot score through fair means.

Outrageous collapse in the box followed by an outrageous refereeing decision and here we go again. It's all about conning your way through a game.

Can anyone explain why Croatia were denied a perfectly valid goal just after? And if the "rules" were applied fairly, that soppy tart Neymar wouldn't have even been on the field after chinning Modric deliberately in the first half.

Apart from having a dodgy keeper, I kinda feel sorry for Croatia, they can rightly feel cheated tonight.

Can't wait for Saturday night's diving competition.

Our chief weapon is surprise

I don't care. It just means I'll have the rivers to myself.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

You can tell footballs about ,idiotic chavs with football shirts on and flags on their cars (groan)

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well, that's set the standard for this competition.

..........but hopefully not for this topic............why would you even look if you dislike football so much?

If Brazil are going to win the tournament (as predicted by many) they will need to play much better than last night.

..........but hopefully not for this topic............why would you even look if you dislike football so much?

If Brazil are going to win the tournament (as predicted by many) they will need to play much better than last night.

And if they lose a few million will start full on riots in every one of their cities.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I really enjoyed watching tiki-taka trounced last night - you've bored us for long enough Spain.

Yes, a very interesting game.

It was like village football back in the 1950s, where goals were frequently scored by one good fast player breaking away, sprinting half the length of the field and finishing up with a one-on-one against the goalkeeper. Something that has disappeared in an era of blanket defences and "possession" football.

Not so last night ! Three goals and as many near-goals were the result of swift counter-attacks with a forward outpacing the defence. This Dutch style is going to have a lot of rival managers scratching their heads on how to contain the likes of Robben.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Having watched all the matches so far why am I not surprised at the ineptitude of the officials again. Some seem to have a basic lack of understanding of the rules, and/or easily conned by some of the acting that is going on. Also why are there no ball boys to help return the balls

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

has nobody said i can't be bothered to watch a load of over paid people kick a bag of wind yet?

I am sure it will come ...

Great game last night and what a goal by van persie. The first games are usually the most boring as nobody wants to lose but it broke the mould last night.

I like that foam spray to use as a marker. I mean it was probably foam from the £1 shop..

So far bad ref descisions , i got the feeling that many refs looked at the challenge on the keeper in the Brazil game that was not a foul and so let that one go last night that clearly was. Look out now for the opposite a foul on the Italian keeper given when it's not to even the balance again .

Rumble in the Jungle tonight could go either way me thinks ....

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon