FAIRWAY PIKE

VladimirR

What, the cod or the mackerel? ;)

The carp in the Czech street market is probably farmed.

The fish in the bottom photo are poisson sauvage (ie wild fish) from the Lac du Bourget, which looks like this;

Bourget_lac_panoramic-3_2007-08-17.jpg

Other people in other countries don't have the same view that we do about freshwater fish being playthings for anglers - to them, they are food, just the same as a cod or a mackerel. Looking at the water that the pike in the video came from, I don't think overfishing by rod and line would ever be a problem.

An awful lot of people see catch and release as more objectionable than taking and eating

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I have never objected (even in this topic) to taking fish for the pot i have even said i would like to try a pike at some point but what i object to is seeing it flaunted in front of us as it has been. (no one gleaned that from my posts?)

Its something i wouldnt do. Like i said, its a big middle finger imo.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Wrote a long reply, in the end just couldn't be bothered......

Andy how do you feel about your livebaits, deadbaits, farmed meat, eggs etc etc?

Edited by Kappa

Farmed isnt it, you still wont see me posting pics of me with a finger in a cows eye hangin from a butchers hook with a slit throat.

live baiting illegal here and if were that way inclined i still wouldnt be plastering the fact all over a uk angling site.

I dunno, it's obvious that the video is from abroad, I think it's a good thing for people to see how things are in other parts of the world - broadens the mind, sparks interesting discussions, encourages us to look objectively at things we take as read.

Probably right steve but what does stickig fingers in a fishes eyes and posing for photos really tell us about other cultures. My mum always told me not to play with my food :D

anyway im going around in circles. atleast I got some lively discussion going. Been a snooze fest here lately.

Edited by Andy_1984

If you're happy to stick a couple of trebles in a pike's face for your own pleasure, then you can't claim the moral high ground or any dramatic outrage when someone else does something else that you don't find acceptable. I'm always amazed how people see their way of doing things as not just correct but admirable, and someone else's as absolutely indefensible.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Andy,

As per the last 10 times you've brought this subject up you sure enough are right.

"""" I got some lively discussion going. Been a snooze fest here lately. """" (and attention). I fish like a Brit when in the UK - I bet you would fish like we do when you have a chance to come pike fishing over here.

Your behavior simply doesn't pass the sniff test.

Phone