Its such a shame

Steve Randles

It's coming around to being 6 years for me here at Anglers Net and recent talk of the UK rec fishing list, whose members spilled onto here has got me thinking back to then. The conversations and information that was bandied about, and the genuine good spirit it was delivered in was refreshing and comfortable to be a part of. I remember that this continued for a good long period of time, and the sadness of Elton when after many months he was forced to close a thread for the first time.

Nowadays it seems fighting, snide remarks and all manner of devious behaviour is always afoot with I think a decent portion of disruption thrown in for good measure. This is something that has developed and grown over a period of time and can not be laid squarely at anyone.

But its a shame for Anglers Net and its also a shame for anglers in general. What chance of unity for anglers when the squabbles of recent years are not forgotten or forgiven, but encouraged to grow. Anglers will be the demise of their own sport, right or wrong, thats by belief borne out of years of watching and reading comments of anglers misgivings from 20 mins/20 years ago. Anglers are indeed Elephants, they never forget.

I stress that this topic is not written on the back of recent events here, I could have written this at any time in the last few years and it would have looked like it was "aimed" at some occurence or member here, I have just chosen now to write it.

I just want to turn the clock back five years.

Tight lines everyone. :)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jan V

Agreed. I've only been on the forum since October and the digression in that short span of time is enough to make ones head spin. So many good people have gone off to other forums or chose to lurk on AN knowing they will be "attacked" if they post. Blaming the mods is bullsh*t. How about we all just grow up, play nice or go elsewhere?

I used to be an avid poster on here but got put off by the sarcastic comments and trouble makers.

I now only spend 10% of my Angling forums time on here and yet it used to be in the region of 80% in the good old days.

Cue more sarcastic comments

Perhaps it's time for the Non-Fishing forums to be closed altogether. They seem to be a magnet for head bangers and ruin just about every fishing site that has them.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Steve Hi there,

We can not turn the clock back but everyone on AN can wipe the slate clean so lets ALL of us go and get the damp cloth and start wiping i have just done mine who is going to follow.

:thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Guest Finepix
Perhaps it's time for the Non-Fishing forums to be closed altogether. They seem to be a magnet for head bangers and ruin just about every fishing site that has them.

But surely if the non-fishing side was closed these 'head bangers' would just make trouble in the fishing forums? :unsure: Where there's a will there's a way ........... or something like that :blink:

Look at the number of postings I have made here. I now do my main posting elsewhere. people have moved on to this site criticising people when they ask questions, when they post jokes, in fact anything THEY don't agree with. Why don't they realise that we post on AN for advice and companionship.

If they want a PC sterile site then post elsewhere.

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest rabbit

It seems that if anyone just lately throws up any comment that does not 'fit' with a certain few then the accusation that they must be 'pc'. In other words they are not worthy of making comment, that their views are political, that they instead are the only ones that have the franchise of common sense thinking.

I accept their are some strange things that happen in the pc world and is obviously out of step with normal life, but these people are fast becoming discredited and exposed for what they are naive and shallow.

Please dont glibly accuse people as 'pc ' when their views are not in keeping with your own..

Edited by rabbit

blimey rabbit i agree :o today ;):D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Ive got to agrre with Steve but dont close any forums move forward and ignore the trouble makers I personally ignore the messers if I can as they try to destroy the fun feel of AN probably because they,ve nothing better to do .As Ihave said before its a brilliant info site and the crack is good so lets get on with it....Rob

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame