Scotland

Andrew

If the vote is yes, i wonder.

Will they loose the NHS, the police force, the Army,Navy,Airforce

The pound currency.

ALL MONETARY help from Parliament. MMMMM

Independance means a stand alone country to me, so i for one would like to see the above taken away from them if the yes vote gets in, if they want indipendance give them it, but take the above away.

Hard hat on and runs for cover at this point. :hammer:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

why would they lose the NHS they would just call it NHS scotland and run it from Holyrood

They have their own money ,its pretty easy to print the future ones with poond instead of pound

they have their own regiments ,airports AND they have the Nuke base .

They can quite easily go alone ,i for one hope they do so their MPs dont keep interfering with English politics

it will be interesting to see if the "free" bits and bobs they get now ( prescriptions ,unis etc)are still free by the one but next election?

perhaps it will be good for the scottish population perhaps they will curse the day they said yes?

it will be costly for us though! rebuilding hadrians wall to keep them from flocking here to join their relatives (strange people that love scotland on one hand dont bloody live there) here wont come cheap and the "incentives" (bribes to you and me) to move the pipelines to england will be high ,on the other hand big corperations could be giving us "incentives" to come down here if we lowered the corperation tax belows scotlands (not that many pay bloody tax wherever they are!)

on our trip to the highest part of scotland we only met one scotman the rest were english ,french or from somewhere else! i think even the scots spar shop owner by his accent was from one of the islands

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Eh as far as im aware all of that is run by holyrood anyway so how could you take it away. Are you going to tell all the cops and nurses to get their arse down to england and bring the buildings with them ?

If yes goes ahead i really hope england falls flat on its face to spite all the people who think we survive on handouts from England.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

It all depends on how much scotland can afford to pay them if its less than england they will leave the buildings and come anyway thats why i guess a great deal of scots people live anywhere else than scotland

Trouble is most are caught in a trap the wages look bigger darn sarf but the cost of living is as well

Hopefully if its "no" salmond gets the millions of quid bill its cost to promote "yes" but in reality the scum and slime that are in politics rarely get bills for anything whatever side of the border they are ,as my mum said "you made your bed you sleep in it" so "yes " could backfire

Personally i hope its yes then the english voters will realise its englands mps buggering up england and beat them with iron bars (pity we still have welsh mps as well )

I also hope scots people working here have to apply for work permits and i hope all are refused so they have to go back home to the country they say they love

And the english expats are refused entry back here as they obviously prefered to be foreign so no longer fit to be english so will suffer in the hands of new scotland

Now if we could get rid of the leeches in northern ireland as well with their terrorist masters things could get better

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If it is yes, does that mean all scots in England will be classed as illegal immigrants and have to be deported :doh:

Edited by wotnobivvy
  • Like 1

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Eh as far as im aware all of that is run by holyrood anyway so how could you take it away. Are you going to tell all the cops and nurses to get their arse down to england and bring the buildings with them ?

If yes goes ahead i really hope england falls flat on its face to spite all the people who think we survive on handouts from England.

So the NHS is funded solely by the Scots Andy ?

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

It means that public spending in Scotland will have to be funded by taxes in Scotland. So all of their existing public infrastructure, their chunk of the health service, police, etc will be handed over and funded ongoing from Scottish taxes. If they want better services and more generous welfare (as the nationalist campaign tells them they will get) they will have to swallow higher taxes. They will run their own affairs and can tax and spend as they see fit. They think they will generate enough money internally to fund everything as they would wish to.

On the armed forces, I have no idea what they will do. Presumably they will get a negotiated share of UK assets, but I'm not sure that they can assume that soldiers stationed in Scotland wish to switch their allegiance from the UK to take King Eck's shilling.

On currency - they can use the UK pound as a foreign currency, they can use some other currency as a foreign currency, they can try to join the EU and use the Euro. The UK is not at the moment willing to join a currency union with an independent Scotland, quite rightly so in my opinion - the upside of that is almost all in Scotland's favour, the downside is all against the UK.

• Like 1

Being part Scot, and with many friends, and a few relatives up there, I sincerely hope the vote is no. I don't know anyone up there that will vote yes, (or at least will admit to it). It bothers me when I hear the stupid Anglo Scots rivalry as a reason to vote yes. I know a few up there that hate the English with a passion, They could never say why, it seemed inbred like the orange and green rubbish. I've had a few run-ins up there simply because I'm English, and it's been other Scots that knew me, or of me, that have waded in on my side. If these people have the deciding vote then it will be a sad day for the Scottish people.

As far as currency goes, they can call their currency anything they like, but how can they use GBP when they will no longer be part of The United Kingdom of Great Britain?

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

You can use a foreign currency's currency, John. There are countries with no currency of their own and which are not part of a currency union which just use the USD or EUR. Others have their own currency but peg it to a foreign currency (and match it with foreign reserves). That kind of happens now with Scottish notes, in that the Scottish banks need matching sterling reserves for every note they issue. So they can use the GBP, in the same way that El Salvador uses the US dollar - but in the same way that the US central bank takes no notice of the needs of the El Salvador economy in setting monetary policy, Scotland would be subject to UK monetary policy taking no notice of Scottish needs.

It all comes down to the vote or rather who can be bothered to vote.

A small number of voters in a majority vs a high number in a minority can do things in a most undemocratic way

We saw a minuscule number of polltax protestors if causing enough media attention got the poll tax rethought ,a million loud voices get far more done than 64 million mumbles ,didnt work with the hunting bill though they were far to civilised to burn buildings to get attention

Trouble is though the masses are getting the point it doesnt matter who has the reigns the rich will get ritcher the poor poorer and the same old faces will get their snouts in the trough ,the mps will still get their massive pay rises off the backs of those that get none

Edited by chesters1