Scotland

Andrew

It pays the gas and oil companies ,where "england" as a governmental entity thing pays is unknown to me .

We do have small gas reserves and big oil reserves dotted (in dumps etc not in the underground oil well sence) about but we (as the masses) dont get a sniff of that ,probably its reserved for the forces making sure they can put down any uprising the unwashed starts?

As far as i know transco split off from british gas the instant they found out it was being split up and very lucrative it is but its not owned by the government so theoretically the products they transport they buy on the open market? On looking it up they transport gas they dont own it thats the importers and suppliers

Looks like its not just scotland dictating to us but america as well ,i hate it when our country is bought out from under us ,just what is left?

http://www2.nationalgrid.com/about-us/our-history/

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Your having a laugh mate. England will have to pay full market rates for the oil, gas and electrcity we export to England. There is still plenty of Black Gold under the North Sea, and we have not even had much more than a scratch at what is under the West Coast.

Germans cope quite well. Keep your black gold, we'll buy in cheaper else where, as for electricity, France is closer.

1509tarpon_75_.gif

The oil and gas compaies get paid for extraction and for piping it ashore much in the same way that a wheat farmer might pay an agricultural contractor to harvest and bring in his wheat for him. The oil companies don't own the oil. Transco/National Grid owns the infrastructure, but not the gas that flows through the gas mains or the electtricity that flows through the National Grid., in a similar mannner that NetRail owns the tracks and the Rail Companies own or lease the trains that run on them.

Why are you upset that a UK Company is a big invester in the US Gri?, That's a good thing not a bad thing.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Germans cope quite well. Keep your black gold, we'll buy in cheaper else where, as for electricity, France is closer.

Germany refines 2.2 million barrels per day, but has no oil of it's own. I'm sure that Scotland could sell oil to the Germans. They have Wilhelmshaven and we have Finnart ;)

Why do you think you'll buy it "cheaper elsewhere"? Oil is a global commodity I'm sure if we don't want to buy "tainted" Scots Oil they're will be plenty of others who will.

Tell me, before you buy fuel for your vehicle at the filling station to you go and ask the provenance of the crude it was refined from before you fill up?

You already buy Electricity from France, but you get a lot of the stuff "free" from Scotland and Wales.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/65841/7345-elec-gen-2008-2011-et-article.pdf

Since when did France become "closer" to England than Scotland or Wales with whom we share a border?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Since when did France become "closer" to England than Scotland or Wales with whom we share a border?

Since England stopped North of the M25!

John

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Since England stopped North of the M25!

John

How foolish of me to forget that John. I'll go and wah my mouth out with carbolic.

Just watching 'Newsnight', and they are discussing the name for the UK should Scotland vote yes. New Britain was suggested, but there's an island in the Pacific called that. Then Yugoslavia's idea of the 'Former Yugoslavia' was mentioned, as in the Former United Kingdom, but using the initial letters as an abbreviation might cause a problem.

John.

• Like 4

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Nah, we'll just buy energy from the russkies like everyone else. Now , who's for a climate change tax on oil producing nations?

What climate change? That's just a conspiracy ;)

Just watching 'Newsnight', and they are discussing the name for the UK should Scotland vote yes. New Britain was suggested, but there's an island in the Pacific called that. Then Yugoslavia's idea of the 'Former Yugoslavia' was mentioned, as in the Former United Kingdom, but using the initial letters as an abbreviation might cause a problem.

John.

Why not just call it England.