Scotland

Andrew

Thats only because the bank wants us english to bail it out when it mismanages its affairs ,perhaps its afraid new scotland would rightly let it crash and burn

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

They probably dont pay enough to balance things up?

If they are based in scotland but resident here we wont get much at all

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2009/mar/13/rbs-tax-avoidance

American companies are in a frenzy buying up our ones to avoid paying tax back home

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

If they vote "Yes", I wonder if we will se the republican movements in Australia, Canada and New Zealand pushing for full independence from the monarchy.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Chesters1,

Why would we specifically buy up yours? There are no fewer than30 - 40 (legal) tax avoidance countries.

Do you not think the rich will get richer regardless of how it goes down?

Phone

Probably because our government hasnt the inclination or balls to stop it ,infact they probably hand out incentives to encourage it.

What the country will end up with is all the companies foreigned owned and bought for a song paying tax to somewhere else and the government extracting the missing tax from the workers

The workers will be on the breadline and the owners laughing at how easy it is to scam the government out of money ,the mps themselves wont give a toss their probably raking it in as board members

Edited by chesters1

Like Gozzer I have Scottish roots, and "my" clan (Clanranald) used to have the same air of condescension towards Lowland Scots as some Scots have for the English.

I very much doubt if anyone (least of all the failed fiscal "experts" Brown and Darling on the one hand, and the chancer Salmond on the other) has the slightest idea what the eventual economic outcome will be. Obviously some winners and some losers, but some unforseen surprises also.

Wearing the vestiges of my Scottish bonnet, I have a gut feeling that there is a chance of an emotive "yes" outcome ("Let's chuck the English out") but when the true cost of Scottish independence becomes apparent there will be those that want to hang Salmond from the nearest lamp-post.

Incidentally - we are told that the English have no say in this vote. Now supposing the boot were on the other foot, and there were an English referendum to sever the Union (or to put it more bluntly, "Let's chuck Scotland out") Can you see the average Scot accepting that it is nothing to do with them ?

Now, wearing my English hat, I am inclined to favour a Scottish "yes" vote My politics are centered around the preservation of English rural life. A Tory backwoodsman if you like. A Scottish "yes" would get rid of 40-odd Scottish Labour MPs from Westminster at a stroke, and some Liberals too as a bonus. So on that basis, bring it on! (That of course is the real reason behind Brown and Darling supporting the "no" lobby)

Supposing there is a "no" vote ? Despite the assertion that this is a "once and for all" vote, do you really think Salmond and his cronies would go away ? No, they would become a running sore in the political life of Scotland and keep demanding new referenda until the voters made the "right" decision (look at the examples of EU so-called referenda if you think otherwise)

Edited by Vagabond
  • Like 2

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...