Scotland

Andrew

yup, would still be England, Wales and N.Ireland

I was thinking the United Kingdom of Great Britain...why the need to mention individual country names all of a sudden?....or perhaps you didn't Andy !

It's all getting a bit silly in my view...politicians putting the people of the UK against each other by juggling figures....I've tried to understand it all but I think that the crux of the matter is that it's down to egos and pride...from idiots that are supposed to be our servants.

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

There were only two "kingdoms" that united. (Wales was a principality and NI is just a region?)

Without Scotland the UK can no longer claim to be a united kingdom so it would just become "The Kingdom"

Glad I don't live there any more. The sweatys were bad enough before. After independence they will be insufferable

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

There were only two "kingdoms" that united. (Wales was a principality and NI is just a region?)

Without Scotland the UK can no longer claim to be a united kingdom so it would just become "The Kingdom"

Glad I don't live there any more. The sweatys were bad enough before. After independence they will be insufferable

Equally it can be described as a Kingdom of united countries and not necessarily a union of Kingdoms!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Perhaps it could be called the un-united kingdom ? Or greater britain and NI

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

I notice the Queen says this is a political matter for the people of Scotland.

Reading along with this thread is an indication she is a clever woman.

As for your name - isn't she crowned the "Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"?

Phone

Her full formal style is: Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

"The Kingdom"

Like It.

unionflag.jpg

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif

Surely even if a currency union with Scotland was proposed wouldn't it need a referendum in the UK for us to agree, and as there is no benefit to the Uk for it we would vote against it. If Scotland uses the pound without currency union the markets will bet against it and force its value down. This will lead to the raising of interest rates and particularly in Scotland. the stock markets will be hit especially for Scottish firms. Scottish banks will have to relocate south to protect a run on the banks. The MOD will move ship building and defence contracts out of Scotland. In the event of a Yes vote the UK could have real financial problems that could put us back into recession, however, the situation in Scotland would be worse as they could be heading for real financial melt down and austerity that would rival Greece. Real problems for real people worried about their jobs, mortgages, pensions, investments, public services etc. All for a dream, a vainity project being driven by the chattering classes. All for nothing as they have and are getting more powers under devomax. On the plus side they have oil. well you do the math as they say in the US.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/