Scotland

Andrew

Saw part of Brown's speech on the news. If I were an "undecided" Scottish voter it would propel me towards the "yes" camp.

Brown's face suggested even he thought his words were bullshine.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Having quite a few links with Scotland, I've been in the no camp because I think a separation will be bad for the whole of the UK, especially Scotland. Recently after listening to some of the rhetoric from the 'yes' campaign, I'm slowly turning towards a "sod it, let them do what they like" stance. I'm sick of the anti English crap that's being spouted, both openly, and covertly.

I can see a great deal of trouble in a future divided nation, especially if it's a no vote, slightly less if the yes campaign wins.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Saw part of Brown's speech on the news. If I were an "undecided" Scottish voter it would propel me towards the "yes" camp.

Brown's face suggested even he thought his words were bullshine.

Everything that comes out of his mouth is bullshine

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

On a less aggressive note....

NHS (Scotland) is indeed run by Holyrood and all decisions on its spending are decided there, no involvement by Westminster whatsoever....apart from supplying the £12 billion that it needs to run it, from UK taxpayer's money.

Whichever way you wish to look at it, it would appear that Scotland IS funded by the other UK taxpayers (as is Wales and Northern Ireland....)

"In 2012-13, total Scottish non-North Sea public sector revenue was estimated at £47.6 billion, (8.2% of total UK non-North Sea revenue). Including a per capita share of North Sea revenue, total Scottish public sector revenue was estimated at £48.1 billion (8.2% of UK total public sector revenue). When an illustrative geographical share of North Sea revenue is included, total Scottish public sector revenue was estimated at £53.1 billion (9.1% of UK total public sector revenue).

In 2012-13, total public sector expenditure for the benefit of Scotland by the UK Government, Scottish Government and all other parts of the public sector, plus a per capita share of UK debt interest payments, was £65.2 billion. This is equivalent to 9.3% of total UK public sector expenditure."

Source: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2014/03/7888

You'll no mind if they keep all that to themselves then, should they vote yes.

http://www.businessforscotland.co.uk/clair-ridge-and-scotlands-new-oil-boom/

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

What goes about comes about and Swings and roundabouts go further back than a mere 1000 years mr bush.

It amuses me when the romans invaded we lived in huts ,they introduced straight roads and decent buildings ,the rich grasped this fine living but when they left we went back to our old ways .

Like everyone on earth you cannot force someone to abide by the rules whether its custom or lines on a map ,scots are still scots ,english are english deep down .

Whether this fabled "melting pot" works is down to the basest traits of humans,the inhabitants of a country can get along fine but it doesnt take much and the tribal instinct cuts in ,we see that everywhere the powers of yesterday put down the rules and lines on the maps

Ofcourse if you look hard enough theres not many real scots nust as theres not many real english but identity can be manipulated just as people can be ,it will be interesting is the scottish royalty was reintroduced or is salmond wanting the top job for himself ,king salmond though sounds like a tinned fish on a shelf

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just a reminder

The Acts of Union (1706 and 1707) were just over 300 years ago

The Scottish Act was passed by 106 votes to 69 in the Scottish Parliament, against (so it is said) the wishes of the majority of Scots

"We're bought and sold for English gold" (Burns)

ie some of Chester's "brown envelopes" were passed round amongst the politicians - sounds familiar ?

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

,king salmond though sounds like a tinned fish on a shelf

Put that with Ms Sturgeon, and you certainly have something fishy going on.

I watched Dimbleby interview both Brown and Salmond last night, in my mind Brown came over the better of the two. Salmond, as in other exchanges, refused to recognise the word 'risk'. He mentioned the occasional "challange", but 'no risks'. I've heard of 'rose tinted glasses', but the tint on his must be so heavy, that he can't see through them. He's talking as if nothing will change, apart from the Government of Scotland. There will be no borders, it will not be a foreign country, the currency will be the same, there will be two countries arguing together in the EU parliament instead of England going it alone, there will be a spirit of peace, harmony, and friendship between two neighbouring countries. The mans either an eternal optimist, or completely stupid, not sure which.

Phone, my thoughts towards Scotland are from the position of being part Scot, with Scottish relatives and friends. I love the country, both it's traditions, and it's countryside. I have spent a lot of time in Scotland, and have many good memories of my times there. In any sporting event, I support both England, and Scotland. If they meet, I support England, but only just. I can understand most of the logical reasons for them wanting to be separate from Westminster. Westminster is unique in that the arseholes it contains are capable of crapping on things with greater accuracy, the farther away they are. We are not quite as far away as Scotland but get much the same treatment.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

The NAYS have it by a short 4 point lead.

Myabe the North East could join forces with Scotland. :spiteful:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

You'll no mind if they keep all that to themselves then, should they vote yes.

http://www.businessforscotland.co.uk/clair-ridge-and-scotlands-new-oil-boom/

Not at all, as I said, It's not my lot, it's down to the Scots!

If the above link is true then fine, then again, as much info can be found saying that it's inaccurate.

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!