Eating Perch...or any other prized species.

Andy Macfarlane

That was my concern too. I wish I hadn't bothered. The whole thread reeks of hypocrisy.

It's not the first time Andy, and I doubt if it will be the last ;)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rabbit
It's not the first time Andy, and I doubt if it will be the last ;)

Andy you asked the question, what did you want every one to agree with you? They do not, hardly surprising is it? But thats what made this thread interesting it was debated well and fairly, with some good points raised on both sides, seems a reason to celebrate for once :)

Andy you asked the question, what did you want every one to agree with you? They do not, hardly surprising is it? But thats what made this thread interesting it was debated well and fairly, with some good points raised on both sides, seems a reason to celebrate for once :)

I've got to agree with you there Rabbit, makes a nice change from some others we've had.

But is it over yet? B)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Considering I didn't offer ANY opinion on the matter, till the 14th page, I fail to see how anyone could agree or disagree with me. I only asked a question. That was all.

Anyway, your right about the general tone of the thread. It has been debated pretty fairly. Is 15 pages a record?? I thought it would have been well closed before then. I suppose there's time yet.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

By ukunwolf.

you heard??? has no one here had perch? they are lovely, one little problem... they are a very boney fish but well worth the hassle! however it would have to be at least 2lb IMO

Since it seems to be my original post that has incited Sharkbyte to request this post i think it only fair i justify my comments.

firstly although my username my be misleading "UNUKWOLF" (its a username from a game forum and i use it because it allows me register on forums without wondering if the name is taken.) im irish, so fish stocks over here are not the same as in uk we have unlicened rivers and pleantyful stocks.

Now about my comment, i did NOT recommend the takeing of 2lb+ perch, i said it was IMO in MY opinion. I also NEVER said i do it every session, in fact the last time i took a fish home was at least 5 years ago. i am totally for catch and release and practise it and promote it, but i am still intitled, if the urge takes me, once in a blue moon to take a fish "home for the pot" with out wondering what effects its gonna have. i have said i do not go out to target a fish to take home, im off this sunday for a good days fishing and with all intent to catch and release. further more ill be bagging in a large keepnet, placed out properly to allow the movement of the catch inside. all fish will thereafter be released properly and not thrown in. NO-MATTER what anyone says i feel im a considerate angler and at the end of the day thats what counts.

i genuinly understand that in the U.K. many waters are managed, have by laws and may in some cases be well understocked and to that end agree with anyone who feels it wrong to take a fish home.BUT thats the U.K. and not Ireland.

if people on this forum dont agree with me ..FINE .. its my opion, im entitled to it, and after all that is what a forum is for, to air ones opinions in a polite manner.

i have already appolagised to sharkebyte if i offended him and again i openly appolagise to him and anyone on the forum if i have offeneded, but then i dont judge others on thier opinions do i?

Guest rabbit
At the request of one of my fellow posters, I've started a thread on the subject of eating fish.

"I like Perch, I like fishing for Perch and sometimes I even eat the odd Perch. Would someone care to explain to me, what the problem is, without resorting to abuse? I can be pretty colourful myself so let's not start down that path.

A simple 'why' would suffice."

So as to remind ourselves all those pages ago!! Andy you said this :rolleyes:

Seems to me you got the taste for a Mc Perch :) so your mind was already made up on the issue.

And then you wanted to fight anyone who disagreed with you :boxing:

Why wasn't this thread nipped in the bud at the start?.

Top topic hope it runs and runs :thumbs:

Where, on this thread, has anyone suggested eating 'specimen sized' fish?

OH so are you surgesting that people should only eat small course fish?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Ive had a really good idea, Ive printed all these posts on eating course fish and sent them to the Anglers Mail and the Angling Times, I think it would be interesting to offer the descussion across the country.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!