Eating Perch...or any other prized species.

Andy Macfarlane

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had a really good idea, Ive printed all these posts on eating course fish and sent them to the Anglers Mail and the Angling Times, I think it would be interesting to offer the descussion across the country.

i take it you contacted all of the posters on here to ask their permission to use their copywritten material?

(see recent thread on non fishing chat regarding use of material posted on these forums)

dave :)

Ive had a really good idea, Ive printed all these posts on eating course fish and sent them to the Anglers Mail and the Angling Times, I think it would be interesting to offer the descussion across the country.

Are we supposed to perceive that as some kind of threat to name and shame us Sam?

I think the worst you can expect to happen is a backlash from your English teacher if he/she's looking in. :D:D:D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

unukwolf, you have nothing to apologise for, you did nothing illegal. I for one am glad this thread was started, and allowed to run, it shows that a topic can be discussed, without resorting to personal abuse.

Or have I spoke too soon?

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

While you're at it, why don't you add your comments from the thread on the sea forum about maiming live fish to enhance their attractiveness as livebait?

Here we go, save you printing it separately:

You said:

I will be hooking my live baits through the back of the head, inbetween the eyes with the point towards the tail.

Monkeymafia replied:

i dont know how relevant it is but when livebaiting for tarpon, cobia and anything else predatory i have always put the hook through the back just behind the dorsal fin.

Also, this is pretty savage but it works wonders, take a pair of scissors and snip off 1 pectoral fin, the fish can pick up the distress miles off it seem. Doesnt stop you feeling like a right bastard though.

To which you replied:

Why feel bad its not as though you cut a little kiddies fingers off, if it makes you feel better do as I do, every time you lower your live bait into the water say a little prayer!

Personally I think I'll look elsewhere for guidance on ethical fishing practices.

Edited by Steve Walker

The only way I mame my live baits is with the hook, I havnt yet tried cuting fins or tails of.

Im now going to just watch this thread as Ive said my bit and you guys who eat course fish have said yours. We are never going to agree on this one.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

So as to remind ourselves all those pages ago!! Andy you said this :rolleyes:

Seems to me you got the taste for a Mc Perch :) so your mind was already made up on the issue.

And then you wanted to fight anyone who disagreed with you :boxing:

Why wasn't this thread nipped in the bud at the start?.

Top topic hope it runs and runs :thumbs:

I simply stated that I "sometimes eat the odd Perch". That doesn't mean that I have, in your words,

"the taste for a McPerch". That insinuates that I make a habit of eating McPerch. I don't make a habit of eating fish, never mind McPerch.

You can do your best, to goad me into retorting with an equally pathetic poke at your nationality but I've already made my opinion on such nonsense, perfectly clear. Everyone on the forum, myself and Bob included, understood that had it continued, the thread would have ended up locked, with no discussion at all. Carry on at will but I won't be responsible for closing the thread.

Explain how my mind was made up on the issue? If my opinion on the matter was set in stone, I wouldn't have asked,

"Would someone care to explain to me, what the problem is?".

I was more than open to suggestion and I'd have been willing to stop eating the odd McPerch, had anyone put forward a strong enough argument to do so. In fact, there's always the potential for that to happen yet.

What is this nonsense about me wanting to fight anyone who disagreed with me? I had a 5 post, off-topic argument with Bob, which was resolved, without any fighting whatsoever and that was my last post, until the 14th page. The next disagreement I had, was with you, on the 15th page. In fact, I've made 12 posts, including this one. I'm hardly the pugilist you claim I am.

Bizarrely, you ask why the thread wasn't nipped in the bud and then you answer your own question by stating that this was a "Top topic". If you don't know what you mean, how can anyone else??

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Im now going to just watch this thread as Ive said my bit and you guys who eat course fish have said yours. We are never going to agree on this one.

SAM!! I will wager a pond to a pinch of sh1t that NO-ONE ever totally agrees on anything to do with FISHING on here or anywhere else!! THAT is what makes life worth living!! :)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

That would be very immature Sam, this has been a good debate, held in a mostly reasonable & mature manner. It would be a shame to resort to such a tactic. :(

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.