Fritton Fish In?

I understand Jan will be fishing a canal on Friday, with a bit of luck I'll be there too :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL thats a great image Steve......i can just see Newt doing all that haaa heeeyyy aaaa whoopin n stuff in a big Indian chief headress........well....... till Jan demands her headress back LOL.

Jan...the two people i was thinking about were both unable to get down to Fritton and i'm pretty sure it would be worth the shortish drive from "ull" for the one guy and as for the other..well from what i can make out he's still in the honeymoon period ;)

John!! Congrats matey!! Didn't realise you just got married!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Ok BIG BOY!!! when and wheer??? And if john is going to the Canal?? Hows about Hartshead Moor services?? Give us a ring 07960 960065

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

It was not a day without events! A certain big brother of Budgie throwing a strop with the lady in reception!!! And then his batteries were about as lively as the fishing! Oh, and a small matter of clouting his head on the roof of the boathouse. That guy is a superb bloke, he had us all smiling!!!

I am just so sorry that Jan & Newt blanked. Especially disappointing when we heard how well the lake had fished the previous weekend.

Great company, we were soaked, who left her coat in the car, but I know I enjoyed the day.

Guest Jan of the 2 Ghillies
Sorry to hear about the wash out Jan, but don't you realise that the rain won't stop until the day you return to the States?

I'm going to call our water company and suggest that the next time we have a drought in the UK they give the pair of you a free holiday. Bound to work, whether or not you do a rain dance!

Would be delighted to accept the trip - first class only. I'm afraid you and I know who actually did the rain dance to damper our trip but I won't mention any names (or animals).

I understand Jan will be fishing a canal on Friday, with a bit of luck I'll be there too :)

I plan to be at Ant's canal outside Lichfield on Friday. Newt won't be there, though. But would love the opportunity to meet you. :)

Great company, we were soaked, who left her coat in the car, but I know I enjoyed the day.

Yup, after Budgie so kindly brought my Gortex jacket from Wingham I left the stupid thing in the car and got soaked. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Fear not, Jan - you'll have a dry day tomorrow.

Admittedly, it'll be spent sitting in my wife's 4x4, staring at the worst countryside on the planet....if we can see through the rain :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

OI OI,

could someone tell me when jan & newt will be in amble as i would like to meet them (dates please)

if not i understand as i know they'll be verry busy, thank's

:(:(:(

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Chris, i've already got your number ya daft apath.

Elton

Our grey countryside is still a lot better than all that horrible green stuff you've got down there ;)

Bill

Sorry mate but Newt n Jan need to see people who speak English and ain't just scotsmen with their brains caved in :P

LOL We'll be up there this weekend mate, i'll PM you my mobile number and if you give me a txt i'll save your number so i can ring you when we get there, you'll get to meet a few more of the AN posters as well cos we're taking Newt shark fishing...........we just forgot to tell him he's the bait ;)

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

could someone tell me when jan & newt will be in amble as i would like to meet them (dates please)

Take a look in the Sea section. Snatcher has a thread running with details including dates and the pub we plan to visit the evening before the fishing.

PM me if you want mobile numbers for several of us.

Do make it if you can. Love to meet you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The girls at Fritton have come up with a new signature for Budgie's big brother,'The Grumpy One'.

I happened to go back into the souvenir shop to buy a reminder for Jan of where she had got slightly wet. I commented to the bit of lush behind the counter that I was buying it for one of the other anglers just so that they could remember where they had blanked.

'Oh', she says, 'is it for the grumpy one?'

And I know she didn't mean Jan, Newt, Dave, Norma or Budgie, who, seemingly, could keep smiling through a tooth extraction, so it could only have been Andrew!!!

Edited by Peter Waller

By rough I meant uncomfortable due to the rain and weather!

And it was! :headhurt:

It was that horrible that me and the bro actually went past the sense of humour failure and petty bitching at each other stage and just had to laugh! :rolleyes:

I had one take on a Spring Dawg which the fish (most likely a jack) didnt transfer and was off as soon as it was on! Given the conditions I was supprised to get even this! As mentioned Peter once again showed his prowess as a lure angler by taking the only fish of a very short session.

Great looking place with very friendly staff certainly worth a trip in a bit nicer weather!

Honest Newt and Jan it doesnt rain in England all the time!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!