Fritton Fish In?

Just a thought, Newt, don't you guys row in the US? And don't you do it with oars?

I tried rowing a time or two. Didn't get on with it. Paddles are a different matter and I do fine with them.

Afraid if I started messing around with 'oars, Jan might take a dim view of it though and especially if I decided I was young and frisky enough to try it with a pair of them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jan V
I tried rowing a time or two. Didn't get on with it. Paddles are a different matter and I do fine with them.

Afraid if I started messing around with 'oars, Jan might take a dim view of it though and especially if I decided I was young and frisky enough to try it with a pair of them.

Not in this life time, Bubba

I'll be aiming to get there before 10.00 on Wednesday (depending on the traffic), but I'd like the mobile number of someone else who will be there so I can send a message in case anything happens - roadworks, breaking down, suddenly finding myself in Droitwich.... Please PM instead of broadcasting it on here :)

A boat sounds good for the day, but where can I put my four sets of banksticks and 127dB bite-sirens?

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Erm!! Problems!!! Sold my vehicle tother day and so have nowt to sleep in!!! And cannot afford to stay over! Too far to travel in morning so will have to cop off!! Sorry all and hope to see you ALL again sometime!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Sorry you won't be there Chris :( Hopefully get to meet you at the next fish-in.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Guest Jan V
A boat sounds good for the day, but where can I put my four sets of banksticks and 127dB bite-sirens?

They go right through the bottom of the boat, John. How's your swimming? :P

Peter,if the weather is going to mean a rough day in a boat can you let us know so we can bring bank gear instead please?

I will most likely set of early Wednesday morning.Where do you sugest we all meet up?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Budgie me lad - you will have to venture out in a boat since you have promised faithfully to show me how to use a clonk. Regardless of the weather you have to venture out so if you get seasick, just throw up and then carry on.

I'm afraid all your time in sunny Spain guiding catfishing parties has left you a little - dare I say it - soft.

:D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President