Newt and Jan are here :)

poledark

We'll discuss this on the 26th, Ant :bigemo_harabe_net-163: You and the canal could become one :bleh::bleh::bleh:

Just to say that if anyone else wants to pop over for a bit of fishing and to meet Jan then you are more than welcome.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Jan and Newt, hope our weather isn't too disappointing, we can get all four seasons in one day, that what makes it interesting :)

I hope someones doing a Blog or similar, to record events without it being scattered all over AN.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Welcome Jan and Newt, hope our weather isn't too disappointing, we can get all four seasons in one day, that what makes it interesting :)

Someone once said: "Britain does not have a CLIMATE. It just has WEATHER".

And, to my lasting shame, I cannot find an original source of reference for that remark. :(

:clap2: Welcome to the Motherland Jan & Newt, hope you have a good time catching loads of fish :fish: & taking lots of photos so that all us members up here in the wastelands can see what you've been up to!!! :thumbs:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Guest Jan V
:clap2: Welcome to the Motherland Jan & Newt, hope you have a good time catching loads of fish :fish: & taking lots of photos so that all us members up here in the wastelands can see what you've been up to!!! :thumbs:

Thanks for the welcome. Newt is having the time of his life. I have enjoyed fishing but have declared downtime to dry out for a few hours. Not a lot of photos with weather being as it is but some do exist of the pikes Newt and I caught at Wingham and the tench we were catching this morning.

Edited by Jan V

Just a quick update note. Fished this morning early with Vagabond and added some new fish to our list of 'stuff we have caught'. The weather guessers said last evening that we would have a dry spell this morning from about 6-9 AM. Turns out they lied.

However, the tench and bream didn't seem to mind too much. I had one tiny (did I say tiny? much smaller than that) perch, one silvery skimmer bream, one male bream getting ready for the spawn and several tench of about 1lb. Didn't weigh anything. Jan had mostly tench on maggots and cockles.

A very experienced ghillie examines Jan's tench

ghillie1.jpg

So Jan (says Vagabond), come see what you have

jan_tench1.jpg

Better remove this leaf before we take the picture

jan_tench2.jpg

Now that is a proper pose with the fish

jan_tench3.jpg

And I suppose we need one of this ugly fellow with that nice bream

jan_newt_tench1.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just a quick update note. Fished this morning early with Vagabond and added some new fish to our list of 'stuff we have caught'. The weather guessers said last evening that we would have a dry spell this morning from about 6-9 AM. Turns out they lied.

However, the tench and bream didn't seem to mind too much. I had one tiny (did I say tiny? much smaller than that) perch, one silvery skimmer bream, one male bream getting ready for the spawn and several tench of about 1lb. Didn't weigh anything. Jan had mostly tench on maggots and cockles.

A very experienced ghillie examines Jan's tench

post-463-1148315828_thumb.jpg

So Jan (says Vagabond), come see what you have

post-463-1148315854_thumb.jpg

Better remove this leaf before we take the picture

post-463-1148315880_thumb.jpg

Now that is a proper pose with the fish

post-463-1148315900_thumb.jpg

And I suppose we need one of this ugly fellow with that nice bream

post-463-1148315917_thumb.jpg

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Nice stuff, guys. There won't be a species you haven't caught by the end of this trip :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

ooeer, dunno what happened there . sorry folks

Newt, that last pic looks decidedly tenchish to my weary old eyes. Have those fish been getting naughty and cross-dressing (oops I mean breeding) or something ?

Keep up the catches and photos! What's the 'new stuff I have caught' count so far?

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Newt you look every inch the English Gentleman with your Deerstalker headware Sir.

And well done with the fish, Looks like the Vails are doing very well,

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”