Is it the end for charter skippers and fishing clubs? No time to bury your heads

glennk

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand the link to the topic being discussed. Is this somehow linked to bag limits ?.

sorry for butting in glennk and binatone,i am new to this forum,i think most of you whitby lads will know me the name darlick was given to me long ago by my brother paul one night on the ale being in wheelchair and having a dustbin slaped over my head pushed down the street at an alarming rate of knots the rest speaks for its self.reading between the lines fish preservation is the aim if its bag limits or quoters or bigger mesh whatever,i have seen trawlers going up and down for weeks on end of robin hoods bay i have seen every wrek netted off, i have been pushed off ground by a fleet of trawlers,but that was long ago very few working trawlers left same with netters,you will also know that i have fished aboard cheiftain with j b was shocked to see the amount of sandeel boats and the size of the nets,time will tell if this has impacked on things,im sure trawler men and angelers all want to carry on catching fish so something has to happen or is it to late hopefully not. ps dont want to get in to any slanging match.please.

Guest binatone
sorry for butting in glennk and binatone,i am new to this forum,i think most of you whitby lads will know me the name darlick was given to me long ago by my brother paul one night on the ale being in wheelchair and having a dustbin slaped over my head pushed down the street at an alarming rate of knots the rest speaks for its self.reading between the lines fish preservation is the aim if its bag limits or quoters or bigger mesh whatever,i have seen trawlers going up and down for weeks on end of robin hoods bay i have seen every wrek netted off, i have been pushed off ground by a fleet of trawlers,but that was long ago very few working trawlers left same with netters,you will also know that i have fished aboard cheiftain with j b was shocked to see the amount of sandeel boats and the size of the nets,time will tell if this has impacked on things,im sure trawler men and angelers all want to carry on catching fish so something has to happen or is it to late hopefully not. ps dont want to get in to any slanging match.please.

Welcome to the forum Andy. At last we can have an impartial view on bag limits.

Mind you that may now not be seen as impartial because I believe you have had to turn commercial.

Good luck Andy, there’s not another man who comes on this forum that is more worthy to have his views heard than you.

I look forward to reading about some of your fishing exploits over the coming months. Please do the forum a favour and share them with other users.

It’s been a long time Andy, will have to keep in touch.

Welcome to the forum Andy. At last we can have an impartial view on bag limits.

Mind you that may now not be seen as impartial because I believe you have had to turn commercial.

Good luck Andy, there’s not another man who comes on this forum that is more worthy to have his views heard than you.

I look forward to reading about some of your fishing exploits over the coming months. Please do the forum a favour and share them with other users.

It’s been a long time Andy, will have to keep in touch.

you will have to give me a clue binatone.only aquired small licence to keep within the law,and peice of mind when returning back to shore with catch.big fines these days few pots mostly rod and line bit of sole net small time we are lucky only fish close to shore shallow water we return almost all small codling unless badly hooked.we had a good do last year bit of a slow on upto now but good signs last few days.away with j b later to see whats going on off side.my folk singing partner is not happy weather looks ok and a few fish showing.

Guest binatone
you will have to give me a clue binatone.only aquired small licence to keep within the law,and peice of mind when returning back to shore with catch.big fines these days few pots mostly rod and line bit of sole net small time we are lucky only fish close to shore shallow water we return almost all small codling unless badly hooked.we had a good do last year bit of a slow on upto now but good signs last few days.away with j b later to see whats going on off side.my folk singing partner is not happy weather looks ok and a few fish showing.

Ok Andy you have a good time and don’t forget to put the first 10 stone of fish caught back.

It would be nice to have a report on your trip when you get back? May be you could ask a few of the anglers on Johns boat there views on bag limits? And then you could share them with us when you are back. It would be nice to get the views of some of the people that (bag limits) it is going to seriously effect and change the way they have gone about there pass time for generations.

O yes bye the way Andy if you have not worked out who I am yet? I am the one who leaves the turbot fillets outside your front door in the dead of night.

Have a good one.

why ??? just cause the guys in a wheelchair ??

Not because of a wheel chair, but because he does not deal in back stabbing/groundless slagging off of others and if he cannot do you a good turn he certainly would never do you a bad one. he is also one mighty fine angler with stacks of know how and experience

Hi andy nice to see you on here have you been hammering them on the ness end or has the water been a little bit to dirty .

ay up paul bit slow at moment like you say water bit thick good few codling in kelp hard to get out full of pipe fish and lumpsucker eggs.shes been a late start.are things picking up for you.

Not because of a wheel chair, but because he does not deal in back stabbing/groundless slagging off of others and if he cannot do you a good turn he certainly would never do you a bad one. he is also one mighty fine angler with stacks of know how and experience

steady on slackline may have to to get a bigger boat to carry my head lol