Womens' Knickers

Andy Macfarlane

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This subject seems to be worthy of some serious mass-debating.... ;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Its difficult to brush aside the high percentage of very large rod caught salmon, caught by a low percentage of female salmon anglers. Pheromones? Who knows.
I know about the 64 lber caught by Mrs Ballantyne on the tay, but that was almost 80 years ago. Can someone tell me more about all the other big salmon caught by women. I'm sceptical that pheremones have anything to do with it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I know about the 64 lber caught by Mrs Ballantyne on the tay, but that was almost 80 years ago. Can someone tell me more about all the other big salmon caught by women. I'm sceptical that pheremones have anything to do with it.

There is a bit here.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

This subject seems to be worthy of some serious mass-debating.... ;)

I dont think theres is enough evidence to surgest that female pheramones can contrabute to catching fish. Mrs ballentynes fish all them years ago is the only acount i can think of. And she probably had a good gilly that day

I did know a carp angler many years ago who experimented with his wifes draws in some strange ways. I wont go into details of courseBut i will say the only thing in my bait bucket is the bait.

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

There are several reasons why women do disproportionately well at salmon fishing.

1. They pay careful attention to their ghillie and tend to fish exactly how and where he suggests.

Many male anglers tend to think they know better - but common sense says the ghillie usually knows his patch far better than the visiting angler.

A spin off from the above is that a ghillie is far more likely to give more helpful advice to a female who listens to him than to a male who does not. (perhaps the pheremones work better on the ghillie than on the salmon :rolleyes: )

2. Women persist with the method they are told at the beginning of the session, and with the fly they are told to use. That means they spend a greater proportion of the time actually fishing than male anglers who change the fly every twenty minutes. An old adage re salmon is "the flee aye in the watter"

3. Allied to the above, a woman will recast to get the fly back into the water as quickly as possible, by contrast men will make herculean attempts to get maximum distance, with LOTS of false casting.

4. Women wade more cautiously than men, and hence more quietly.

Add those and similar factors together, and the woman is spending much more time actually fishing in what the ghillie thinks is the best way - so the odds are in her favour

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

The rise (I'm told that the morning ones are better than the evening?) is a term applied when 'fly' fishing.

Maybe a coarse angler would have better sport wrapping them around his pole or quivertip?

My poles all a quiver............tip with all this talk :lol: