Tonights dinner top trumps

JV44

We had a bracing pre-breakfast (or "ante-jentacular" for the classicists out there :icecream: ) walk over Ashdown Forest this morning, with almost a nip of frost.

I tried that once, (although it was the Forest of Dean - looking for Pied Flys.) : I felt faint and had to go back to the B&B for a munch. :o

I won't leave the house now without brekky inside me.

I always have sainsbury microwave porridge of some flavour or other ,3 mins and its ready. Taste immaterial just started eating breakfast on docs orders never bothered for rest of life

Best sleeping bag i ever had was a 1944 american mountain bag ,the accumulated stink of decades was extra insulation ,unfortunately the material started to go brittle and the feathers started escaping and repairs pointless so it was burnt to be replaced by a modern 5 season something or other which lasted 3 seasons

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I tried that once, (although it was the Forest of Dean - looking for Pied Flys.) : I felt faint and had to go back to the B&B for a munch. :o

I won't leave the house now without brekky inside me.

Interestingly, I have never felt "faint for lack of food". Just hungry ! I walk before breakfast simply because if I have breakfast first, my 80-y-o ticker refuses to cope with blood supply to both gastro-intestinal demands and to leg muscles at the same time, so I end up with an angina episode, and having to revive said ticker with nitroglycerine.

I do have a cup of white coffee before the walk though.

Intriguingly, both my cardiologist and GP think the pre-jentacular walk is a good idea, but the practice nurse registered shock-horror at the idea of exercise on an empty stomach.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Hear hear.

...........and on perusing this morning's newspaper - what do we find?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/11246112/High-fat-diets-not-as-dangerous-as-high-carbohydrate-plans-claim-scientists.html

I will persist with my low carb and relatively high fat diet - tbh I don't think overly much about what I eat - just so long as I like it.

Who paid for the research ? Ohio cattle farmers? ,next week ohio carb producers will pay and the results will miraculously favour high carb diets

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Who paid for the research ? Ohio cattle farmers?

I don't know, and I think it's unlikely: but I can understand from your devoutly sceptical viewpoint that they may have done.

Do you think they also funded the research at Cambridge? :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/sarah-knapton/10703970/No-link-found-between-saturated-fat-and-heart-disease.html

Could well have ,someone pays ,someone also paid for the research now disproved which proves my point ,next week or next month someone else will pay and new data will disprove the last data ,its how things are.

It makes little difference we dont know what the research (any research) parameters were ,how it was obtained ,how the results were scrutinised ,who scrutinised them ,how those results were interpretated, who wrote the initial paper who scrutinised it ,who edited ,rounded up rounded down etc etc ,if ofcourse the computed results contradicted the expected results which the company who paid hoped for the whole thing would just disappear never to be seen again ,its not mp's that can use plausible denyability

If i Could have a fiver for every headline wine or aspirin was good or bad for you i would be a rich man

Unfortunately the research on long term artificially constructed fat is non existant ,on animal fat we know in moderation or in many cases in a lage quantity it wont probably kill you ,the reason real fat isnt the base in all food that requires is two fold ,a great number of people will not eat it and its cheaper to grow plants on cheap ex rain forest and make it from palm oil and a host of other plant or seed oils ,being good for you is immaterial over profit as we see with transfats

Ofcourse our gov is frightened of big companies and their power and permit whole heartedly their "lobbying" ( bribes to you and me) if they had the health of the masses in their scope they would ban transfats and any other emulsified oils tomorrow

Edited by chesters1