What purpose do front indicators serve?

Rusty

If I see someone with a phone in their ear I press the horn long and loud, soon makes them stop

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I really don't understand the number of van drivers I see on the phone - it's your livelihood, get yourself a frigging hands free kit!

BMWs, Mercs, Jags, Chelsea wagon drivers all the same.

And idiot cyclists on the pavement.

Thats the " sidewalk " for the American chaps

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I think adults should be allowed to cycle on the pavement provided their bike is pink, with stabilisers and tassels on the handlebars.

I really dislike cycling on dual use paths, too - too much risk of being taken out by a dog on a lead or a pedestrian in iphone zombie mode.

• Like 1

And anyone caught by the police should be banned from ever using a cycle again.

In fact any cyclist who breaks the law should face the full might of the law just like any other road user. :bleh:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

In fact any cyclist who breaks the law should face the full might of the law just like any other road user. :bleh:

They do if they're caught the same as any other road user (plenty of car drivers get away with breaking the law becasue they don't get caught) , but if the police don't catch them, chose not to enforce the law or let them go who's fault is that ?

personally I think stupid pedestrians who have zero sense of self preservation and wander around lost in their mobile phones should be fined just for being idiots

I really dislike cycling on dual use paths, too - too much risk of being taken out by a dog on a lead or a pedestrian in iphone zombie mode.

Trouble is some of the routes i cycle the shared cycle way is the safest option by far even if you do have to share it with muppet pedestrians, I'd rather dice with them than a 40 tonne artic or the local moronic youth in their souped up hatchbacks

• Like 1

And anyone caught by the police should be banned from ever using a cycle again.

You haven't thought this through have you?

Banned for life for a single infraction and car drivers and cyclists should be treated the same.

No more points on your driving licence - just a mandatory life ban.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Banned for life for a single infraction and car drivers and cyclists should be treated the same.

Steady on old chap. He is a Mackem after all.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

You forgot pedestrians.........

Reminds me of a couple of angling mates

Pete (in a Saturday traffic holdup on the way to some good fishing) "When I come to power only anglers will be allowed on the roads at weekends"

Ian "Huh, when I come to power only anglers will be allowed to live above ground"

• Like 2

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...