New Barbel Record

rooney888

The barbel record has been broke again this year when the the traveller was caught at 21lb 3oz.

Grahame King who broke the record on the last 2 occasions broke the record again.

84854438.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic was discussed at my meeting on Sunday night. It's a shame that it comes to this, there must be more to life than wanting to catch the same fish time after time :(

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Guest Brumagem Phil

Any chance someone might shove the w***** in?

Sorry but sitting targetting the repeated capture of ONE fish is not the idea of the sport IMO. I wonder for example what state its mouth is in? :angry:

The british record list is a farce at best nowadays. Chub and barbel from lakes ,carp imported from the continent along with cats and god knows what else. Trout reared specifically to be big and released at such a size they could never have grown to naturally. Give me a stream full of tiny natural fish anyday and watch the grin when that bonus fish that requires a landing net pops up.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Well said Terry!! Mind if I copy and paste this on the "Record Chub" thread!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I have a little pond nearby that I have fished for the last 17 years and watched the fish grow up. with carp to mid 20s, Tench, 3lb Roach and Rudd, perch to 4lb, skimmers to 2lb, Crucians to 2lb, etc. I am not interested in record fish. I go down to the water and target a specific species of fish and I am well pleased if I succeed. I just don't get tired of the water

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

The british record list is a farce at best nowadays. Chub and barbel from lakes ,carp imported from the continent along with cats and god knows what else. Trout reared specifically to be big and released at such a size they could never have grown to naturally. Give me a stream full of tiny natural fish anyday and watch the grin when that bonus fish that requires a landing net pops up.

Terry, I agree in principle, but chub inhabit many lakes successfully and naturally, e.g from flooding rivers and transfer of spawn on the feet of water fowl. Not sure why barbel don't seem to though?

Edited by Lid

I would like to know exatly Graham King gets out of claiming another 'record'. This sort of thing makes angling a laughing stock, even the comics must be squirming..they have to report it I suppose, but what's new? Suggest they take the traveller out and put it in the Lower Severn Tewkesbury it will be spend the rest of its days in total peace.

It just leaves me feeling a bit empty really.Like the carp record I suppose.Its a shame really.I dont suppose the captor was that excited either.

I read once that he didnt intentionaly target the same fish but as he still wanted to fish the same river/areas it was inevitable that he could catch it again. I presume that there just cant be that many barbel in those areas?

By the way Terry T they stopped acepting claims for the Catfish record long ago for the reasons they mentioned.A massive shame as there are some good "UK" cats with good pedigrees to be caught and indeed the existing record from Withy Pool is no where near (IMO) as meritous or as credible as some of the last fish to have come from Tring.

Thank God we will never have this situation with Pike or Eels.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!