New Barbel Record

rooney888

Fair play to Graham for peservering, he spent 21 out of 30 days on the bank for that fish and it came from a swim that had not produced for 3 months.

Phil,

The 350 a year does not include membership to MKAA which you also require, another £30 on top. I looked at putting my name down for this stretch last season, but eventually decided not to, as I could not justify the cost. Pegs are also drawn out of a hat before fishing.

Paul

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brumagem Phil

So let me get this right, its 350 quid plus another 30 and some of the pegs don't produce for months on end?? Takes all sorts I guess!

Well, I'm gonna do a U-turn and say well done to the fellah, cos after that many blanks I think I'd have chucked my gear in ;-)))

Mind you that said I caught Two Tone back in the early 90's (er before she was called Two Tone!) at a mere 28lbs,if it wasnt for all the publicity that now surrounds the fish I doubt wether I would be that dissapointed to catch her again at one of her more recent weights!

I'll let you off with a 12-13yr gap budgie :lol::lol:

Oddly enough, I'd find it more interesting to see a rare photo of her at 28lb rather than the constant pics of her at 60lb+

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

the record has been smashed again 3 times since this thread started. fish and captor are now on first name terms and will be going christmas shopping together at the weekend.this will be followed by a few pints at the anglers arms and a nice hot carp curry. :blink:

Would that be a Barbel barbie, or a Carpy barbie ?

Den :)

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• 1 month later...
Just seen a report on another forum that the Traveller has been found dead and partly eaten on the bank of the river.

I can't find any information on the internet about it. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Let's hope it's just an ugly rumour.

Janet

Plenty of info here on BFW