beggers belief

barry luxton

All,

I have no business in this thread. Chesters1, didn't Margaret Thatcher win over Labour Government by one vote? Wasn't it a "backlash" vote against Labour by Labour?

I remember the "one vote" part. It is taught in our schools how important a single vote may be.

Phone

All,

I have no business in this thread. Chesters1, didn't Margaret Thatcher win over Labour Government by one vote? Wasn't it a "backlash" vote against Labour by Labour?

I remember the "one vote" part. It is taught in our schools how important a single vote may be.

Phone

Not sure it works like that here you vote for individual mps who unfortunately belong to parties so the power is either a straight forward thrashing or the winner links up with a bunch of nobodies to get control (as it was in the last term)

BUT perhaps what you mean is voting within parliament where one vote can make a difference ,theres free votes where the individual mp can vote what he thinks should happen (in reality what the people who voted for him want) but in a large number of times the whip tells them to vote for what the party wants or else which is the nasty undemocratic bit i loath ,in this case its about face and bugger the voter

The government can also act undemocratically by forcing things into the statute books over ruling the house of lords wishes

And ofcourse the "opposition" (aptly named) can appose pretty much anything the government want that will effect them in the past or spoiling their manifesto in the future if they can persuade enough mp's to vote against the governments wishes.

Ps parliament is every mp and lord ,the government is the majority in control (usually one of the big two or in cahoots with another if the parties are pretty equal) the lords is members of all parties plus individuals (but the party line still makes it undemocratic) who are supposed to scrutinise the commons intentions and let them go on further or send them back down for "adjustment"

Unfortunately the government dictate how long something is discussed so a great number of laws get passed without consideration ,if you watch the parliament channel you will be surprised just how few mps turn up to work in the run of the mill day to day sessions

At the moment the government determine who gets into the lords so its jobs for those with something the government dont want revealing ,jobs for party members to make sure the party line is high in the lords to stop anything the opposition want doing and a few deserving bods rewarded for their lifetimes work outside politics

When the other side get in they do the same to try and rebalance the lords power

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

amazingly good news on the campaign front, just bet they are either gonna blame me or thank me for my efforts afterwards:

Barry, if it were appropriate to swear right now I would, but instead I'll just settle for this: blimey! I just took a look at our numbers while having lunch at my desk, and this is unbelievable...

*We're almost halfway to our £111,300 target in just THREE HOURS.*

Will you pitch in to help us hit our goal early? We're fundraising for vital campaign supplies going straight to our organisers in the field. Donate whatever you can afford — everything will help us get there:

I'll donate £3

I'll donate £10

I'll donate £20

I'll donate another amount

See below for more explanation of exactly what we need and why we're asking for your help urgently now. Thank you!

— Patrick

-----FORWARDED EMAIL-----

Sent: 11:15am

Subject: On my list:

Barry,

This election is the closest I've ever worked on. If we're going to secure victory in the deciding final fortnight, we need to speak to more voters, pure and simple. But to do that, we need to scale up our local campaigns.

I've just put together a list of everything our organisers will need to expand their operations. By my calculations, they need £111,300 for the penultimate week — and we need to raise that by midnight on Thursday if we're going to get the money out to the organisers in time.

Barry, if there ever there was a time to join the the 20,388 others who've donated this month, this is it. Do your bit to help our campaign win as many votes as possible in the final two weeks of this neck-and-neck election — it takes two minutes to donate:

Thank you. We're so close — it's vital we do everything we possibly can to win in these final two weeks. The future of our country rests on it.

Patrick

Patrick Heneghan

National Field Director

A short note on donations, Barry

We have just 15 days until the election — and we're relying on your support to get the Tories out. David Cameron has donations pouring in from a small group of multimillionaires, but we're proud to be building a new style of British election campaign: funded by small donations from tens of thousands of passionate voters like you.

Will you be one of our generous donors? Whatever you can afford — even if it's just £3 — will make a difference to the outcome of this election, and the future of our country. It takes just two minutes. Thank you.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

A bit personal for me and with the threat "we know who you are" (or more menacing we know you havnt stumped up)as a menace on top

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

A bit personal for me and with the threat "we know who you are" (or more menacing we know you havnt stumped up)as a menace on top

Yup, they've really got Barry sussed haven't they?

Dear Barry,

As we enter the final days of this election, I want to thank you for standing with us as we prepared for this fight.

You were among our earliest election supporters — our records show you came on board back in October last year.

Of course, 6 months ago, Election Day seemed too far off to think much about.

But now we have just 21 days to go, and as I'm sure you've seen in the polls, this race is neck and neck.

This is why we're turning to you — as one of our longest-standing supporters — for some much-needed extra help.

You've been a supporter of this campaign for 6 months, Barry: will you make your first online donation now*? More than a thousand supporters like you are donating every day.

I think they've got their Barrys mixed up, or our Mr Luxton has a very large skeleton in his closet!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Yup, they've really got Barry sussed haven't they?

I think they've got their Barrys mixed up, or our Mr Luxton has a very large skeleton in his closet!

John.

There was doubt he could have sent their demands in the last one (at the bottom where the database could be out of date) now they know he hasnt!

Dont like veiled threats myself

A few more thousand anti terror laws when they get in and the next email will be

Dear barry

We know you have a hectic life and to save you time we have put inplace a direct debit for 3 quid a month ,were looking out for you .

No need to worry we know your bank details and theres plenty left to pay for 1205 tpt your new car and dinner money for your lovely daughter tess who attends grove school and leaves home at 8.15 on the number 7 bus

Please give our regards to your wonderful wife joe who works at....etc etc etc

Edited by chesters1

Does this mean you believe that the labour party is really asking Barry for money chesters?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Who knows theres secrets everywhere ,could be spoof or spam true or real ,i dont know either barry(s) or tbe emailer person ,i'm afraid "in" jokes go right over my head

I dont believe anything which is handy but it doesnt stop me typing

Barry(s) aside all parties would sell their granny for enough money to do what they want to make the opposite side lose ,theres probably suckers that support these people prostituting themselves to donate a few quid hoping the other side lose (not that wants are met just that the other side loses)

Edited by chesters1

Just had a character in fancy dress with R.S.P.C.A. emblazoned across his chest in large blue letters, knock on the door and ask for a subscription.

Launched into what was plainly a memorised spiel re "those who love animals"

"To reassure us" he said he didn't want cash, but could we give him our bank details and he "would take care of everything" No doubt he would, but the clanging of warning bells was now loud enough to be audible in Battersea Dogs' Home at feeding time.

If he was a free agent, well I must admire his front and originality. If he was really from the RSPCA then that organisation sinks even lower in my estimation.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...