AN Fish- in River Test

Tony U

This has come round quickly - only a week and a half away, and the annual Metcheck watch has begun B) After last year I'm not going to jinx it, so at this stage I'm saying nothing...

Indeed, please keep firmly quiet old boy - we all remember how dry we were last year........

I'm going to varnish myself the night before.

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just watched an episode of the TV series Day Ticket, featuring the River Test, and I suspect the venue shown is Timsbury. I also seem to recall the fishery appearing on a Matt Hayes programme too (in which it rained cats and dogs...)

I've not been to Timsbury before, so I'm not certain. Can anyone shed some light?

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

Just to wet your appetites, I was shown pics of 3 (yes 3) double figure trout caught about 3 weeks ago at Timsbury....and they weren't rainbows either :)

All caught while after Roach and trotting with one of those old fashioned windy reels called centre pins :)

I wish you all a very good days fishing,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Mike do you want a basic "how to" answer on Timsbury?

Well, yes please! That would be great!

:D

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

Indeed, please keep firmly quiet old boy - we all remember how dry we were last year........

I'm going to varnish myself the night before.

I'm still keeping quiet! :o

PS wanna lift?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Well, I'm not sure about you lot keeping quiet about the weather. I'm digging out the thermal underpants...

its not the rain you have to worry about its the quadmire after the rain ,rain ,sleat or snow ,its all good at timsbury catch a fish and you'll wonder what the fuss was about .take some water proof matches along just incase someone wants to light their kelly kettle ! .

(BUDGIE @ Nov 16 2008, 10:12 AM)

Mike do you want a basic "how to" answer on Timsbury?

Well, yes please! That would be great!

a basic "how to" answer on Timsbury = keep your float in the water and out the tree's & bushes and you'll be ok (the fast carrier's allready got more decorations than a christmass tree ! )

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Morning all, Tony U pm'd me yesterday with the possibility of a space on this fish in. If it comes off does anyone fancy car/petrol sharing? I'd be travelling from Wantage Oxfordshire on the Sunday morning (bloody early I expect).

It's never a 'six', let's put it back