Anglers' Net Has Lost A Friend

Elton

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lost family members that bothered me less than this loss of a friend I had never managed to meet in person.

My eyes are leaking a little as I post this.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I met Alan more than several times - including his last trip to the UK.

My life was infinitely the richer for having had his friendship. It's also true to say that his contribution to this site was made the greater because of the support he had from Sonja - one of the really good people on this earth.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Alan was a gent.

It didn`t matter how many times we fell out over some inconsequencial matter. We always got back to mailing each other.

When the mother in law threatened to come and stay with us. Alan would send her one of our pre-written postcards from Holland! Nothing was too much bother for the guy.

I`ve amassed a pile of tackle that Alan has sent me over the years, so there`s no way I can ever forget him.

As he`s been very ill for a couple of years, I don`t think the news of his death comes as any suprise. But it`s still a sad day for all who knew him.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

I think one of the first fishing books I read was by Alan Tayor.I will miss his posts, very sad news indeed.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

SandTiger:

...When the dust has settled maybe one of the posters closer to Sonja could contacted her re us all clubbing together at AN and providing something from us all...

I have just had an offer that has really moved me regarding the above post - Not going to go into too much detail at the moment but I have a further request - Are there and Jewellers on the site?