A German Girl would like to find good fishingplaces in the UK

Patrizia

Hi everybody, :victory:

my name is Patrizia and I'm an author from Germany. I'm new member of this forum. First I must apologize for my english. I hope it isn't to bad. Even though I've lived in the London for a year, but that's 5 years ago, my english starts to get rusty. Actually I'm thinking of moving back to the Uk. I like your country very much an the british people. :thumbs: We'll see.

It would be very nice, if you could give me some information about some interesting places to fish in england an scotland. Last year in december I've made my fishinglicence, in Germay, and I went a few times fishing allready. I caught a 75 cm long pike. I'm very proud of that :fishing:

I know, that I have still a lot to learn. Maybe you can give me a few good tips.

I'm planing on making a fishingholiday this year somewhere in the Uk, it' ll depent on your comments for me to find a nice place to fish. I like river- and lakefishing. What are the most interesting rivers or lakes in the Uk and what kind of fish are mostly caught in them? Just tell me everthing about fishing in the UK.

I'll wait eager to get some good information,

yours grateful

Patrizia :bounce:

4ham55k.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Patrizia and welcome to AnglersNet.

You posted this in the Long Session Carp forum but it sounds like you are interested in general coarse fishing so I'm moving this topic to the Coarse section.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Patrizia, a difficult question to answer. There are just so many options, and so many answers. At what time of the year, for example, do you intend to fish? Perhaps you wish to go fishing in May, then it might be good if you fished a lake for tench. Perhaps you come here in September then it might be better to fish a river for pike. There are just so many variables. We need you to narrow down the options by being a bit more specific in your needs.

This might be a good place to start looking:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q...yUK%7CcountryGB

Edited by Peter Waller

Peter is right. Bear in mind that until June 16th you won't be able to fish the majority of rivers because of the close season so you'll have to just go to lakes (or maybe canals?).

The Broads are good, in Norfolk and Suffolk, and the sea fishing is alright as well.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

I don't think fishing in UK is very different from Germany. There is reasonable fishing in all country areas (as opposed to big cities) of UK, though in the mountain areas (much of Scotland and Wales) it is mostly trout fishing.

If you have any special aims (for example to catch a barbel) you would need to pick certain areas, but otherwise you could choose an area you like and there will be fishing within, say, 20 miles.

john clarke

I don't think fishing in UK is very different from Germany.

Apart from the bit about being obliged to kill every fish that you catch... :unsure:

Hello all you nice fisherman, :yeah:

I fell touched by the warm wellcome you have given me. I knew the british are gentleman. :clap2:

Thanks Newt for moving my topic to the right section. I've never been in a forum before, but usually I learn fast. By the way, Newt, cool hat. I really like it, you look nice. :thumbs:

To Mr. Peter Waller. Thanks very much for the link. I'll check it out. I'm planing on taking a trip in autum. It'll depent on my novel, it was released yesterday and I have to wait what my publisher plans for me this year. Pike-fishing in a river sounds great. What river would you recomment in autum and in what part of the UK?

To Mr. Mark Crame. Sea fishing sounds also very interesting, but I probably don't have the right equipment yet. What kind of bait are you using in sea-fishing and what is the right equipment? I'm shure that worms and maggots wont do. I'll check for Norfolk and Suffolk in the internet or maybe you can tell me a bit about this part of england.

To Ferret1959. Thank for the offer. I'll like to go fishing with you. :notworthy: Where exactly are the Midlands? What rivers and lakes are there, what city and what kind of fish are caught? Is the countryside beautyful?

To The Flyinng Tench. Trout fishing in scotland sounds wild. Have you gone there for a fishingtrip? I would like to fish i a deep lake, like Loch Ness. Would like to catch Nessie. :fishing1: Don't worry, I would catch and release her again! :D

To DavyR. I agree with you. I don't like fishing here in Germany, because I believe in catch and release. I don't want to kill a fish just because a stupid law tells me to.

And now to WickerDave. Who is Dawn and how is he dressed? :punk:

Thanks again for all the nice replies. I'm very grateful for your tips. :hug:

Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Hi Patrizia, and welcome.

We have a few lady anglers on here, if you stick around you'll meet them.

If you look on the home page there are some tips and articles on UK fishing, you might find them useful.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/

October is probably my favourite time of the year for fishing in the UK, fish are in the best condition, weed is dying down, and it's not usually too cold or too hot, just right.

There are some friendly anglers on here, but beware of increased testosterone levels, especially now that the close season is here. :unsure:;)

John.

P.S. If you haven't already been told, until you've completed 15 posts, you will be restricted in what you can do on the forum, and you will find a delay in your posts appearing on screen.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John