Any other recommended fishing forums?

Guest Brumagem Phil

Guest Brumagem Phil

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other fishing forums worth reading/contibuting to as I'm beginning to think this one is in danger of being moderated out of existence. :(

Rakes of posters seem either to have vanished or rarely post anymore so surely I'm not the only one? :thumbdown:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres nothing wrong with this site, nothing at all.

The problem it seems to me is NOT the moderators but the fact that they have to do so much unseen work to keep things moving along harmoniously as a direct result of posts from members.

Some of the members comments are inflammatry at the very least and some are downright obnoxious and personal and some are deliberatly intended to provoke a reaction from some members who are more easily wound up.

I would'nt aim any flak at the mods whose only crime is to work for nothing and keep threads going but would look much closer to home for folk to blame

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for other fishing forums worth reading/contibuting to as I'm beginning to think this one is in danger of being moderated out of existence. :(

Rakes of posters seem either to have vanished or rarely post anymore so surely I'm not the only one? :thumbdown:

:bye1::bye1:

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Hiya,

It's certainly not the Mods that are causing the problem, it's the select few posters that like to try and wind up everyone else that is causing the problem.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hiya,

It's certainly not the Mods that are causing the problem, it's the select few posters that like to try and wind up everyone else that is causing the problem.

Couldn't agree more. Some of the posters on here are actually driving other users away and stopping people commenting on threads they may otherwise have commented on. I'm afraid if I was mod'ing there'd be a few more unhappy people and more banned posters.

Rob.

Perhaps we could devise a mathematical formulae for our answer, something like:

a = number of posters making late night boring attempts at winding up others.

b = number of long term members making less posts.

c = number of locked or deleted posts.

then we should have something like...... Where b>(axc)=d

d of course is equal to the number of posts any member may have made lately and therefore be the cause of b rather than indicative of the site being responsible.

Couldn't agree more. Some of the posters on here are actually driving other users away and stopping people commenting on threads they may otherwise have commented on. I'm afraid if I was mod'ing there'd be a few more unhappy people and more banned posters.

Rob.

Which I think is the point you were making Rob. :thumbs:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Phil,

I don't get time to look at other sites, but I understand that FishingMagic have a busy forum. May be worth giving them a try. I honestly have no idea what their moderation style is, but I dare say that they will remove certain posts, such as ones that incite racial hatred, just like any other site. Most sites do it not only to protect themselves from the associated hassle, but also to try to avoid the situation where one of their members is taken to court for committing an offence.

Your comment about falling numbers is total rubbish and typical of somebody who gets upset because they've had a post removed. I've seen it so often over the years, it's unreal. I have access to the raw server logs here and can tell you that this site traffic is growing at an alarming rate. So much so, that I am already considering what my options will be when it outgrows the new server that it currently resides on.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Brumagem Phil

Thanks for the PM's chaps..........its interesing that this site has created a climate whereby such remarks need to be PM'd rather than put in the public domain.

Yep, I agree there is a bit of late night trolling here, but its how people let off steam, and to be fair its what one would expect on the non-fishing board. If you don't like to get involved or the threads dont interest you then dont read em!

Last week myself and MR M had a good old banter which went on for a couple of evenings.....all pleasant and fair, with no nastiness but the mods decided 'just in case' that the thread got locked. Then last night a jokey remark gets blatted! This is added to the fact that any mention of politics and the mods go into kindergarten mode means that in MY opinion this place is getting stiffled.

Not so long ago it would take me ages each day to catch up with posts but some days now theres barely a fresh posting to read. I think too of the names who simply ain't here anymore.

I think I'll drop into lurk mode till this place lightens up a bit.

EDIT.......Elton, your servers may well show traffic, but traffic aint contribution. Rakes of regular contributors don't post anymore, there must be a reason for that?

By the way, I laughed out loud at your sour grapes remark! I've made remarks about the heavy handed moderation before so its hardly a flash in the pan remark.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

Personally, I think the moderation here strikes a reasonable balance. I've quit using forums before now because of over-moderation, and in my opinion this is fine.

Personally, I think the moderation here strikes a reasonable balance. I've quit using forums before now because of over-moderation, and in my opinion this is fine.

I accept that the mods have to do what they must do and quite rightly so, us guy's do not have a say in it, it is their call. Last nights lockout, there was only four posts and the only one that could be construed as riskey was mine. It ain't finnished yet as Newt has said that there will be further mod discussion on it. Dear mods, i was looking for a duck emoticon, but can't seem to find one, so i will just :shutup: cheers.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..