Do you consider angling a field sport?

thurso angler

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider angling a fieldsport?

• yes?
    • no?

You imply that I am mischief making because I do not agree with some issues. Yes I do seem to stand alone against what would be pretty well divided argument outside this Forum. Perhaps then others that wish to share what I say are prefer not do so for fear of receiving such comment as this !!

In that case it may be better that I do not post, so at least there is no other views on here apart from the ones that seem to satisfy the want of a few.

I can tell you that many have gone the same way because the rounding on members if they do not toe the line with the more vociferous members on here

This is being played out yet again and it's all too plain to see, except to the ones who can actually do something to stop this site being more appealing to the many rather than the few.

WOW , i thought for one second then that I wrote this post.

For what it's worth Rabbit.........i know what you mean mate , all the best anyway. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You imply that I am mischief making because I do not agree with some issues. Yes I do seem to stand alone against what would be pretty well divided argument outside this Forum. Perhaps then others that wish to share what I say are prefer not do so for fear of receiving such comment as this !!

In that case it may be better that I do not post, so at least there is no other views on here apart from the ones that seem to satisfy the want of a few.

I can tell you that many have gone the same way because the rounding on members if they do not toe the line with the more vociferous members on here

This is being played out yet again and it's all too plain to see, except to the ones who can actually do something to stop this site being more appealing to the many rather than the few.

I do not want to stifle fair debate and support everyone's right to their opinion.

When people disagree with my view, I don't seek to convert them and only want to make sure they fully understand my point, once that is clear, I am happy that we, "agree to disagree".

The "mischief making" comes when someone deliberately appears not to understand a point, or makes assurances from very poorly researched facts, or no experience.

If you don't think that angling is a "field sport", thats fair enough with me, I certainly won't lose any sleep over that fact. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

WOW , i thought for one second then that I wrote this post.

For what it's worth Rabbit.........i know what you mean mate , all the best anyway. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yep I agree, just one or two bullies that seem to want to ridicule anyone that doesn't share their views, very much remind me of a certain George Galloway in fact. :yucky:

btw - i'm personally not comfortable with being classed as a partaker in field sports, i'm an angler nothing more and nothing less, a hobby and pastime mainly in the pursuit of relaxation.

*perhaps "field sport" can sometimes be too easily linked with "blood sport". :mellow:

Edited by *Ant*

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Yep I agree, just one or two bullies that seem to want to ridicule anyone that doesn't share their views, very much remind me of a certain George Galloway in fact. :yucky:

btw - i'm personally not comfortable with being classed as a partaker in field sports, i'm an angler nothing more and nothing less, a hobby and pastime mainly in the pursuit of relaxation.

*perhaps "field sport" can sometimes be too easily linked with "blood sport". :mellow:

Bully? Me?? Nar sorry Ant , i just don't like to conform to other peoples beliefs , nothing more , nothing less mate :thumbs: :thumbs:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Bully? Me?? Nar sorry Ant , i just don't like to conform to other peoples beliefs , nothing more , nothing less mate :thumbs: :thumbs:

lol, no not refering to you mr m, way way off the mark. :thumbs:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

There is no line.

The term "blood sports" is a term used by antis to describe field sports

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

and according to them

Quote from hunt sabs site

What are bloodsports?

Sick individuals take pleasure from inflicting pain on animals for their amusement. Foxes, Hares, Stags and Mink are hunted by people on horseback or on foot with packs of hounds - in defiance of the law. Pheasants, Grouse and Partridge are reared in pens, to be shot for someone's pleasure. Gamekeepers eradicate other animals that aren't destined for the shoot and therefore regarded as "vermin". There are also activities such as badger baiting and dog fighting on the fringes of the bloodsports community.

It seems that they think fishing (or angling) is a field / blood sport as well.

http://nwhsa.redblackandgreen.net/coarse_fishing.htm

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

also remember it was these filth that in their superior intelligence that released mink to eat the very wildlife they presume to care about.

are mink hounds ok? (they are clearing up the anti's mess )or did they presume mink would eat dog food as usual?

would they prefer mink hounds or otter hounds the dogs the same!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson