anyone else watching in despair?

Darren T

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god i can hear the laughing from Scotland all the way from here.

Never mind that Peter, I work for a Royal Scottish Bank with half our department in Edinburgh ! I've already had 4 text messages and 2 voicemails !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

the harsh reality is that scotland, in a group no one expected them to qualify from, deserved to and were robbed. We on the otherhand maybe finally got the shock that we needed.

Peter, I am genuinely sorry to see Engerland go out..( I'm half English) .honest...but can you blame us for not laughing all through the game, the media hype on the buildup to the kickoff was dreadful, it was 1966 all over again, and the sooner they get rid of Motson the better, it is him, and his like in the media , that are causing lots of aggro, and depair where the English/Scottish rivalry comes in.......WHY did he keep making keep making references to games from 1973 etc etc..... :blink: :blink: There were more guys in Scotland than you would think, hoping they would get through....

The English team have again been shown up for what they are, overpaid, prima donnas.....well beaten by a team that tried harder....Motson got it right ,when he said, "Thats a team ( Croatia) that are here to play football"...so what were England there for...the wages !!!!! :angry:

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Why just Scotland?

The whole world will be laughing after that performance, you are supposed to laugh at a farce aren't you?.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

That was painfull,

Got the hump going to bed Night!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

absolutley gutted but what can you expect from such a dismall performance.skill and scott carson aside no heart or guts from our boys, you only have to look at bilic's reaction to their 3rd goal anyone would think it was them who needed to win, he was eover the moon knowing they had won against an england side who gave it all they could.

everyengland player to a man under-performed tonight.

I feel let down first by the over-paid england players and second by the desiscions of steve Mclaren.

scott carson has to take some responsibility for his mistakes but to be put under such pressure is un-acceptable,what was Mclaren thinking, ok so you drop robinson( should have happened months ago), but when you have a couple of other experienced keepers to by pass them for your 3rd/4th choice , with no experience was just madness.

in summary a combination of under achievment and bad guidence leads to only one point Mclaren must go his desisioin makeing tonight has summed up the way he has looked at England since the beginning.

totally gutted

Why just Scotland?

The whole world will be laughing after that performance, you are supposed to laugh at a farce aren't you?.

John.

I certainly am John . All i don't want to happen is an attack on McClaren.

All i've heard this week is the threat of him losing his job if England don't qualify..............EH?

Why? Fair doooos , the man has to pick the squad and the formation and tel them what to do but , the players in question aren't robots who carry out a procedure with clinical perfection. The players have minds of their own ,that's why there is red / yellow cards for dirty tackles. The millionaires of the pitch are simply not good enough to wear the shirt and yet still command a wage of epic proportions. Sack the players , get shut of the lot.

What's all this tosh about the players wages are justified because of the 'short' playing careers they have in the sport? A player could be playing from 17 / 18 years old to the age of 30 / 35..ish and yet they may collect £10,000 a week for their troubles because of their short career. WHAT????? After professional football is there no outlook in life , is there no job prospects for them? What's wrong with going out into the real world and getting a proper job?

Sorry rant over , i've had too much to slurp tonight..........i'm celebrating.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I dunno Mr. M but a goodly part of that may have to rest on the coach's shoulders.

We had a somewhat similar situation with the US national basketball team. When basketball was only newly an international sport, our team of professional players were so far superior to the opposition that they easily won while not playing as a team and not playing nearly at their best.

In recent years, the opposition got better and we got worse until you saw the embarrassment that was the US national team at the last Olympics.

Last year we got a new head coach who has managed to get a group of very highly paid and very egotistical players to act as a team and work at playing the game as well as they can. I suspect we will be very difficult or maybe impossible to beat at the next summer Olympics and it will be down to vastly improved coaching.

This is not to toot our horn because we still have a huge advantage with so many outstanding athletes (30 pro teams) to chose from and top players recruited from all over the world since salaries are higher here. At some point that will change if basketball gains popularity elsewhere but for now, we certainly should be winning if we make an effort. We simply did not make the effort after the easy victories in the early days.

Football is similar but your opposition is much tougher.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President