Pub landlord gives 2 fingers to the smoking ban

mr motorola

Do you agree with the new ban?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking or Non-smoking? If the pubs / clubs and bingo hall managers had the choice of Smoking or Non-Smoking for their estasblishment , what would the majority vote be?

• Smoking allowed
    • No Smoking allowed

MrM. You are asking the wrong people! Try asking the people that have been directly affected by this ban (the pub ladlords, the High Street shops, the Mens clubs etc.)

I don't care, I am a non-smoker and have been for at least 10 years - BUT I will defend the smokers right to smoke with all my strength!

Something to do with freedom of rights!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Kleinboet :thumbs: :thumbs:

It's nice to know that there are some level headed people still around, not pandering to peoples wishes or prepared to be rail-roaded down a dark and gloomy track!!!

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

None of us smoke in our house, when me brother comes visiting he smokes rollups and would make a dash for the door to have a fag. I have to tell him i would be more offended if he did go outside for one. So i hunt around to find him a makeshift ashtray instead.

Years ago when i did smoke plenty, i advertised for a book keeper, my add read, smoker prefered. When she applied, she said is my advert correct, yes is it a problem, her reply was no. I took her on and she was a good bookeeper, within two weeks two electric fans appeared on her desk.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Cheers Kleinboet :thumbs: :thumbs:

It's nice to know that there are some level headed people still around, not pandering to peoples wishes or prepared to be rail-roaded down a dark and gloomy track!!!

I see, I didn't realise that if one agrees with the pro-smoking stance one is level-headed, whereas if one holds the view its a stinking, foul habit that is to be shunned, one is pandering to and going blindly along with some sinister government plot to ban everything and introduce a licence for sea anglers to boot !...

As for defending someones right to smoke, what about the right to drive whilst drunk as a skunk or drugged up, ridiculous of course. Who is actually suggesting a ban on smoking in one's own home then?

No-one ... only where it affects another persons right not to inhale smoke...

Anyone who claims that smoke does not make you stink is past the point of help I think, your nasal membranes are shot to hell mate.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

I see, I didn't realise that if one agrees with the pro-smoking stance one is level-headed, whereas if one holds the view its a stinking, foul habit that is to be shunned, one is pandering to and going blindly along with some sinister government plot to ban everything and introduce a licence for sea anglers to boot !...

As for defending someones right to smoke, what about the right to drive whilst drunk as a skunk or drugged up, ridiculous of course. Who is actually suggesting a ban on smoking in one's own home then?

No-one ... only where it affects another persons right not to inhale smoke...

Anyone who claims that smoke does not make you stink is past the point of help I think, your nasal membranes are shot to hell mate.

Couldn't be more from the truth if you tried snotty.

Smoking has been going on for centuries and ...all of a sudden , it MUST BE BANNED in public places , why? To defend the non-smoking workers in the vicinity , this is the most risible idea ever. Firstly , no-one put a gun to the workers head and ordered them to take the job , Secondly when taking the job (pre-ban) they already knew of the smokey atmospheres in which they would be working in. I don't give a monkeys toss as to the scientific studies to secondary smoke , if that were the case most of us today wouldn't be here , as our parents and grandparents smoked liked chimneys around us. Talking about stinking , you can't tell me for one second that our highways / roads / streets aren't doing us any harm? Roadworks / lights / jams with cars, buses and lorries parking momentarily until they are on their way puffing out dangerous fumes don't create a problem. Non of the goodie brigade are picking up on this huge problem , as it's a dam sight easier to punish and label the smokers as the main cause of the problem.

These people that work in their now 'unsmokey' work environment don't bother to complain about going shopping on the high street or stuck in traffic jams full of lethal fumes do they?

Me thinks that its the age old adage of (yet again) He who shouts loudest , gets heard. And the d1ckheads that are the goodie brigade hear them first and want to justify their salary.

Start to see the bigger picture and realise just how much more smoke / fumes there actually is out there and smoking is rather small in comparison.

You never know , 5 years down the line and drinking in pubs and clubs may be banned because of rowdiness at the bar interrupting peoples meals. Ridiculous i know. So is the smoking ban.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Let's get this clear - if you smoke you stink and if you smoke in public you make everybody else stink. For decades, I have had to go outside a pub to clear my stinging eyes. Smokers are selfish morons who suddenly have to face up to the fact that they have been inconveniencing people who don't want to share there filthy habit for years. As an ex-smoker I feel ashamed at being so uncaring and unfeeling for such a long time. Just as it now seems beyond belief that people were ever allowed to smoke in an office, so it will seem with pubs within a very short time, if not already. Public smokers are a dying breed. Get used to it and move on.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Let's get this clear - if you smoke you stink and if you smoke in public you make everybody else stink. For decades, I have had to go outside a pub to clear my stinging eyes. Smokers are selfish morons who suddenly have to face up to the fact that they have been inconveniencing people who don't want to share there filthy habit for years. As an ex-smoker I feel ashamed at being so uncaring and unfeeling for such a long time. Just as it now seems beyond belief that people were ever allowed to smoke in an office, so it will seem with pubs within a very short time, if not already. Public smokers are a dying breed. Get used to it and move on.

Why should we?

You say you were a smoker yet still go out and clear your stinging eyes?

If you walk the public roads / streets with road users(cars buses and lorries spilling out diesel fumes) you stink. Whats the problem?

This is the perfect example i'm trying to get across to people. I've always been warned about the smoker cum non-smoker who wants to spout the filthy habit that it is. Whats wrong with fully designated smoking clubs and the same non-smoking? At least it meets half way.

What exactly is the REAL moan that people have with smoking in pubs? Going home smelling of smoke? You've probably been doing it for decades so why the big moan NOW? Eating a meal while out? Stay in and cook your own meals , you idle gits!!! Or the people forced at gunpoint (pre-ban) to take a job in a smokey atmosphere.

I'll tell you what , lets ban alcohol / fuel / television / holidays / computers / sports and whatever else the grumpy gang can think of that might create a bit of enjoyment to the few that actually enjoy life. Oh by the way ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE DETRIMENTAL TO YOUR HEALTH AND ARE LIKELY TO HARM OR KILL YOU IN SOME WAY SHAPE OR FORM.

Get Real and get back to normal life.

This world has gone CRAZY.

As i've said i dont't agree with the smoking ban, simply because i hate the idea of banning things willy nilly but face the facts Mr M smoking is banned in public places and moan and gripe all you like but thats not going to change, smokers (and i am one) are in the minority whether you like it or not, and yes passive smoking is bad for your health and it makes your clothes smell (if you can't tell its because your sense of smell is already f*cked) so get used to it because i'll tell you what, that law isn't going to change anytime soon no matter how much bleating you do.