Gods image.

gozzer

You could be right, as I said 'just my observations'. However towards the end of 6 month operational tours (army) with no opportunity to 'offload' ;) like you had, then sometimes the cracks in the 'straightness' would start to show.
We offloaded every night, beer on tap and and that strange red herb we bought for $50 for a bag like a Tate and Lyle sugar bag helped. It's funny, lot's of shoresiders and matlows think that the merchant navy is full of raving queens, but its not like that at all. Tolerant disdain would be about the best way to describe the attitude of most of us. 6 months with no r&r? sod that for a game of soldiers. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remembered where we went now. It was Kagoshima, and its on Kyshu not Hokkaido.

Cool place Kagoshima it has a big active volcano name of Sakurjima

sakurajima2.jpg

and the nicest bar girls in all of Japan

Lovely, I never got to the far east and so will have to take your word about the girls.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

No that were all adult middle ages males with lifelong learning disibilities, you could try 'clipping around the ear' but it would be a pretty useless thing to do. Violent episodes were (and still are, my daughter works in the same home) a daily occurence, when 'up the shoot' your 'clip' would be answered with a chair over your head or an attempt to bite your face off. You are barking up the totally wrong tree.

Can i have a job there , biting of the face really appeals to me , as would a good old hiding followed a damn good kick in the teeth from me.

Oh , i can bite too....... :black_eye:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

. Good old fashioned one on one experience can never be beat.

real life experience ''combined' with structured learning has to be a positive

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

no point talking to mr tench he hasnt answered about the link i posted where demonism is the cause of everything bad we do :D

talking to god is strange ,if i were to walk into your church and say god has spoken to me demanding i take your place would you believe me?

,but would you (the church) blindly follow someone outside the church with the exact same amount of proof you (the church) provide or is god only able to speak to the church? (hardly fair) thus voices in heads are ok if your clergy but anyone else and its madness?

Re the first para - sorry, missed that post - just back to work after a spell convalescing, and I've been busy today. But I must admit I haven't tried to answer all your posts because your points are interlaced with your particular brand of humour and I'm not always sure when you are making a serious point!

Re point 2 I don't quite understand the point you are making. I certainly don't believe clergy are any better than lay people at hearing God's voice. In fact, in my experience, people actually hearing a voice is comparatively rare - though it certainly does happen. In my experience people hearing God speak directly are usually christians, but he does speak to others - Saul of Tarsus for example. In fact I have heard of one or two people in recent years who have become christians through hearing God speak to them directly.

You keep mentioning the proof thing. Maybe we need a different thread on this, as I think this thread has moved mainly onto issues concerning gays. All I can say is that the reason I believe is that I find the evidence compelling, though admittedly it falls short of proof. I lead small courses from time to time for people wanting to consider christianity. We always look at the evidence (historicity, modern miracles, answered prayer etc). Usually some are not convinced, but others are - though they don't always join the church! But most say that they have been surprised that there is more evidence than they had expected.

john clarke

Can i have a job there , biting of the face really appeals to me , as would a good old hiding followed a damn good kick in the teeth from me.

Oh , i can bite too....... :black_eye:

You might get the job, but would't last a day with an approach like that, these people's behavior is driven by their illness, staff who work with them are trained in physical intervention techniques, applied properly they can be restrained safely.

Edited by Emma two

Lovely, I never got to the far east and so will have to take your word about the girls.
We had this deck boy who came from Applecross, away up in the Highlands. He must have had a lot of Viking in him, he was a fine looking laddie and had very blond hair. When we were in Japan the women literally could not keep their hands off him. He would be walking down the street and from teenage school girls (only slightly younger than he) to old crones they would come up, walk beside him, run here hands through his hair and ask to be photographed with him.

In the bars the girls came up and bough HIM drinks. I used to love the Far East, especially Kaohsiung in Taiwan.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Didn't you consider peroxide/going blonde?...you would have had it cracked too

In fact I have heard of one or two people in recent years who have become christians through hearing God speak to them directly.
My born again christian housemate is an Approved Social Worker. He'll have one detained under section 13 of the mental health act if one claims to hear voices from god. Edited by corydoras

Right, so you imagine gays and lesbians mentally and emotionally poorly equipped to be parents?

Are you familiar with the saying, 'when you in a hole it's best to stop digging'? ;)

Sorry if that was misleading. I certainly wasn't meaning to imply that gay people are emotionally lacking. I was simply saying that God or nature has made men and women with different emotional and mental make-ups, and ideally children need both (in my view). I know I haven't anywhere near the mothering gifts of my wife.

But the discussion has moved on since that post, and others have made the same point in different ways, and you have attempted to answer them, so don't feel you need to answer this. Actually time pressure is making it hard for me to keep up with this post - but thanks for your contribution. Though I'd still be interested to hear of your spirituality which you mentioned!

john clarke